E A Walker
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Measuring comparative risk perceptions in an urban minority population: the risk perception survey for diabetesElizabeth A Walker
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Medicine Endocrinology Diabetes Research Center, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Diabetes Educ 33:103-10. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess comparative risk perceptions related to diabetes complications and their associations with patient characteristics in an urban minority sample...
- Dissemination of diabetes care guidelines: lessons learned from community health centersE A Walker
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Diabetes Research and Training Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Diabetes Educ 27:101-10. 2001..This study was conducted to evaluate the impact of a provider problem-based learning (PBL) intervention on screening for complications of diabetes in community health centers...
- Understanding and enhancing adherence in adults with diabetesElizabeth A Walker
Prevention and Control Division, Diabetes Research and Training Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Curr Diab Rep 3:141-8. 2003..Much more behavioral research in diabetes is needed in order to significantly improve the health and quality of life in this population...
- Risk perception for developing diabetes: comparative risk judgments of physiciansElizabeth A Walker
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Diabetes Research Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Diabetes Care 26:2543-8. 2003..To assess personal risk perceptions for developing diabetes among practicing physicians...
- Telephone intervention to promote diabetic retinopathy screening among the urban poorElizabeth A Walker
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:185-91. 2008....
- Vision is precious: a successful behavioral intervention to increase the rate of screening for diabetic retinopathy for inner-city adultsHollie L Jones
The Diabetes Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Diabetes Educ 36:118-26. 2010....
- Measurements of medication adherence in diabetic patients with poorly controlled HbA(1c)H W Cohen
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Diabet Med 27:210-6. 2010..To assess pharmacy claims and self-report data as measures of medication adherence and to describe baseline characteristics of subjects in the Improving Diabetes Outcomes Study...
- Risk perception and its association with cardiac risk and health behaviors among urban minority adults: the Bronx Coronary Risk Perception studyJanice M Barnhart
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Belfer 1306A, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Health Promot 23:339-42. 2009..Examine the relationship among risk perceptions, health behaviors, and a measure for actual risk of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Results of a successful telephonic intervention to improve diabetes control in urban adults: a randomized trialElizabeth A Walker
Department of Medicine and Endocrinology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Diabetes Care 34:2-7. 2011..To compare the effectiveness of a telephonic and a print intervention over 1 year to improve diabetes control in low-income urban adults...
- A systematic review of research on culturally relevant issues for Hispanics with diabetesArlene Caban
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Mazer Room 208, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Diabetes Educ 32:584-95. 2006..The purpose of this review is to provide a description of current research on culturally relevant issues among Hispanics subgroups with diabetes throughout the United States...
- Multigenerational timeline and understanding of diabetes and self-careMelissa Scollan-Koliopoulos
UMDNJ, New Jersey Medical School, Department of Medicine, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 23:62-77. 2009..06, F = 3.3, p = .04). The perceptions were not associated with other self-care behaviors. Findings illuminate effects of time line and understanding of diabetes in patients with family history of diabetes...
- The context of a legacy of diabetes: correlates of self-care behaviorMelissa Scollan-Koliopoulos
School of Nursing, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 65 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Diabetes Educ 33:315-24. 2007..Assessing recollections of a family member's self-care behavior may provide insight into what patients learn from family members with diabetes...
- Risk perception for diabetes among women with histories of gestational diabetes mellitusCatherine Kim
Division of General Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Diabetes Care 30:2281-6. 2007..To examine risk perception for diabetes among women with histories of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Behavioral science research in the prevention of diabetes : status and opportunitiesEdwin B Fisher
Departments of Psychology, Medicine, and Pediatrics, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63108, USA
Diabetes Care 25:599-606. 2002....
- Depression symptoms and antidepressant medicine use in Diabetes Prevention Program participantsRichard R Rubin
Diabetes Prevention Program Coordinating Center, Biostatistics Center, 6110 Executive Boulevard, Suite 750, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Diabetes Care 28:830-7. 2005....
- Adherence to preventive medications: predictors and outcomes in the Diabetes Prevention ProgramElizabeth A Walker
Diabetes Prevention Program, Coordinating Center, George Washington University Biostatistics Center, 6110 Executive Blvd 750, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Diabetes Care 29:1997-2002. 2006..To evaluate barriers to and strategies for medication adherence and predictors of adherence and the primary outcome in the Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)...
- What is the sensitivity and specificity of self-report for retinopathy screening?Elizabeth A Walker
Diabetes Care 25:933-4. 2002
- The first diabetes educator is the family: using illness representation to recognize a multigenerational legacy of diabetesMelissa Scollan-Koliopoulos
Family Nurse Practitioner Program, UMDNJ School of Nursing, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 19:302-7. 2005..This article proposes a framework for understanding multigenerational legacies of diabetes, which will assist with designing educational interventions for individuals with a known family history of type 2 diabetes...
- Babbling complexity and its relationship to speech and language outcomes in children with cochlear implantsElizabeth A Walker
Departments of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, U S A
Otol Neurotol 29:225-9. 2008..To investigate if babbling complexity in early childhood is related to speech and language outcomes in later childhood in children with cochlear implants (CIs)...
- Legacy of diabetes and self-care behaviorMelissa Scollan-Koliopoulos
Department of Graduate Nursing, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Nursing, 65 Bergen Street, Newark, New Jersey 07101, USA
Res Nurs Health 30:508-17. 2007..33, beta = -36, and beta = -.43, respectively, all p<.05). Findings suggest that explorations of patients' recollections of a family member's experiences with diabetes can affect their illness perceptions and behavior...
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metforminWilliam C Knowler
Diabetes Prevention Program Coordinating Center, Biostatistics Center, George Washington University, 6110 Executive Blvd, Suite 750, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
N Engl J Med 346:393-403. 2002..We hypothesized that modifying these factors with a lifestyle-intervention program or the administration of metformin would prevent or delay the development of diabetes...
- EVALUATING ALTERNATE RETINOPATHY SCREENING INTERVENTIONSElizabeth Walker; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Diabetes Medication, Adherence and OutcomesElizabeth Walker; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..