Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Velisek L, Veliskova J, Moshe S. Site-specific effects of local pH changes in the substantia nigra pars reticulata on flurothyl-induced seizures. Brain Res. 1998;782:310-3 pubmed..7 and 7.4 on flurothyl seizures. In contrast in the posterior SNR, microinfusions with pH 6.7 had proconvulsant effects. The results suggest that local pH changes may have site-specific effects on seizure susceptibility in vivo. ..
- Veliskova J, Loscher W, Moshe S. Regional and age specific effects of zolpidem microinfusions in the substantia nigra on seizures. Epilepsy Res. 1998;30:107-14 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that the BZD1 binding sites are involved in the SNR control of flurothyl seizures in adult and PN 15 male rats. ..
- Velisek L, Veliskova J, Etgen A, Stanton P, Moshe S. Region-specific modulation of limbic seizure susceptibility by ovarian steroids. Brain Res. 1999;842:132-8 pubmed....
- VELISKOVA J, Claudio O, Galanopoulou A, Lado F, Ravizza T, VELISEK L, et al. Seizures in the developing brain. Epilepsia. 2004;45 Suppl 8:6-12 pubmed..The recognition of sex- and age-related features in the SNR holds the promise that these findings can be translated into the development of specific and effective treatments for seizure disorders. ..
- VELISEK L, VELISKOVA J, Giorgi F, Moshe S. Sex-specific control of flurothyl-induced tonic-clonic seizures by the substantia nigra pars reticulata during development. Exp Neurol. 2006;201:203-11 pubmed..Although GABAergic inhibition in the SNR affects tonic-clonic seizures in developing rats, only the NMDA antagonist had consistent anticonvulsant effects throughout development. ..
- Veliskova J, Liptáková S, Hussain S. The effects of N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist 2-amino-7-phosphonoheptanoic acid microinfusions into the adult male rat substantia nigra pars reticulata are site-specific. Neurosci Lett. 2001;316:108-10 pubmed..The region-specific effects in the SNR may provide an explanation for the previous conflicting reports regarding infusions of N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonists into this structure. ..