Max R O'Donnell
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis in women, KwaZulu-Natal, South AfricaMax R O'Donnell
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:1942-5. 2011..Female sex independently predicted extensively drug-resistant TB, even after we controlled for HIV infection. This association needs further study...
- Treatment outcomes for extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis and HIV co-infectionMax R O'Donnell
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 19:416-24. 2013..Culture conversion was a major predictor of survival but was poorly predictive (51%) of successful treatment outcome...
- Acceptance of interferon-gamma release assay by a high-risk urban cohortM R O'Donnell
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:1334-9. 2011..It is unknown if patients at high risk for LTBI will more readily accept LTBI treatment based on tuberculosis skin testing (TST) or QFT-G...
- High incidence of hospital admissions with multidrug-resistant and extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis among South African health care workersMax R O'Donnell
Boston University School of Medicine and School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Intern Med 153:516-22. 2010..However, little is known about the rates of drug-resistant tuberculosis among health care workers in countries with high tuberculosis and HIV burden...
- Improved early results for patients with extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis and HIV in South AfricaMax R O'Donnell
Section of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 13:855-61. 2009..A public tuberculosis (TB) referral hospital in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa...
- φ(2)GFP10, a high-intensity fluorophage, enables detection and rapid drug susceptibility testing of Mycobacterium tuberculosis directly from sputum samplesParas Jain
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:1362-9. 2012..Fluorophage φ(2)GFP10 has potential for clinical development as a rapid, sensitive, and inexpensive point-of-care diagnostic tool for M. tuberculosis infection and for rapid DST...
- Linezolid vs glycopeptide antibiotics for the treatment of suspected methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nosocomial pneumonia: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsAllan J Walkey
Boston University School of Medicine, The Pulmonary Center, 715 Albany St, R 304, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Chest 139:1148-55. 2011..Societal guidelines suggest linezolid may be the preferred treatment of MRSA nosocomial pneumonia. We investigated the efficacy of linezolid compared with glycopeptide antibiotics (vancomycin or teicoplanin) for nosocomial pneumonia...