A B Moadel
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Nicotine dependence and withdrawal in an oncology setting: a risk factor for psychiatric comorbidity and treatment non-adherenceA B Moadel
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Psychooncology 8:264-7. 1999..Greater staff awareness of the clinical practice guidelines regarding the diagnosis and treatment of nicotine dependence will likely result in improved patient care and compliance...
- Seeking meaning and hope: self-reported spiritual and existential needs among an ethnically-diverse cancer patient populationA Moadel
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY, USA
Psychooncology 8:378-85. 1999..001. Implications for the development and delivery of spiritual/existential interventions in a multi-ethnic oncology setting are discussed...
- Cancer education for home health care workers: a process evaluationAlyson B Moadel
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Cancer Educ 20:229-34. 2005..In this article, we evaluate adoption of cancer education into the mandatory in-service training of home health attendants (HHA) comprised predominantly of African American and Hispanic women...
- Psychosocial needs assessment among an underserved, ethnically diverse cancer patient populationAlyson B Moadel
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Cancer 109:446-54. 2007..This needs assessment offers clear directions in which to focus QOL intervention efforts among underserved and ethnic minority cancer patients. Cancer 2007. (c) 2006 American Cancer Society...
- Randomized controlled trial of yoga among a multiethnic sample of breast cancer patients: effects on quality of lifeAlyson B Moadel
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4387-95. 2007..This study examines the impact of yoga, including physical poses, breathing, and meditation exercises, on quality of life (QOL), fatigue, distressed mood, and spiritual well-being among a multiethnic sample of breast cancer patients...
- The School Yard Kids: a puppet show to promote a healthful lifestyleNatania D Wright
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 39:290-1. 2007
- Urban voices: the quality-of-life experience among women of color with breast cancerAnne M Fatone
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Palliat Support Care 5:115-25. 2007..The context in which these women perceive, experience, and respond to these HRQL challenges can provide important information for planning a culturally appropriate palliative care treatment plan...
- Development of a new instrument for rheumatoid arthritis: the Cedars-Sinai Health-Related Quality of Life instrument (CSHQ-RA)Michael H Weisman
Cedars Sinai Health System, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Arthritis Rheum 49:78-84. 2003....