Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Nightmare prevalence, nightmare distress, and self-reported psychological disturbanceRoss Levin
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Sleep 25:205-12. 2002..The relationship between nightmare prevalence, nightmare distress, and self-reported psychological disturbance was assessed prospectively...
- Psychopathological correlates of contextualized images in dreamsRoss Levin
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Percept Mot Skills 96:224-6. 2003..In addition, while dream contextualized images were unrelated to psychopathology, nightmare contextualized images were significantly associated with elevated scores on three SCL-90-R subscales and the General Symptom Distress Index...
- The relationship between disturbed dreaming and somatic distress: a prospective investigationRoss Levin
Department of Psycology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:606-12. 2009..The results were largely consistent with our predictions and the findings are discussed with regard to recent modeling by in identifying key cognitive diatheses for the development of DD...
- Role of fantasy proneness, imaginative involvement, and psychological absorption in depersonalization disorderRoss Levin
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 192:69-71. 2004
- The relation between cognitive functioning and self-reported sleep complaints in nondemented older adults: results from the Bronx aging studyTimothy Schmutte
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Behav Sleep Med 5:39-56. 2007..Given the restricted range of this nondemented sample, these results may underestimate the relation between cognitive abilities and sleep...
- Disturbed dreaming, posttraumatic stress disorder, and affect distress: a review and neurocognitive modelRoss Levin
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University, New York, USA
Psychol Bull 133:482-528. 2007..In a cross-state, multilevel model of dream function and nightmare production, the authors integrate findings on emotional memory structures and the brain correlates of emotion...
- Nightmares: a new neurocognitive modelTore Nielsen
Dream and Nightmare Laboratory, Sleep Research Centre, Sacré Coeur Hospital of Montréal, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Que, Canada
Sleep Med Rev 11:295-310. 2007....
- Relationship of purported measures of pathological and nonpathological dissociation to self-reported psychological distress and fantasy immersionRoss Levin
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
Assessment 11:160-8. 2004..We conclude that both DES scales are largely indistinguishable from each other in relation to other self-report measures of psychopathology and fantasy access...