Eugene J Fine
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Small-animal research imaging devicesEugene J Fine
Department of Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Nuclear Medicine Division, Bronx, NY Electronic address
Semin Nucl Med 44:57-65. 2014..The imaging techniques most widely used in small-animal research are CT, PET, single-photon emission CT, MRI, and optical fluorescent and luminescent imaging. ..
- Targeting insulin inhibition as a metabolic therapy in advanced cancer: a pilot safety and feasibility dietary trial in 10 patientsEugene J Fine
Department of Radiology Nuclear Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Nutrition 28:1028-35. 2012..Inhibiting insulin secretion provides a method, consistent with published mechanisms, for limiting cancer growth...
- Analysis of dietary interventions. A simple payoff matrix for display of comparative dietary trialsRichard D Feinman
Department of Biochemistry, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Nutr J 7:24. 2008..To provide a simple method for presentation of data in comparative dietary trials...
- Aspirin treatment of mice infected with Trypanosoma cruzi and implications for the pathogenesis of Chagas diseaseShankar Mukherjee
Division of Parasitology, Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16959. 2011..A deeper understanding of the mechanism of ASA action may provide clues to the differences between host response in the acute and chronic T. cruzi infection...
- MicroPET/SPECT/CT imaging of small animal models of diseaseWade Koba
Gruss Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Pathol 182:319-24. 2013....
- Dietary carbohydrate restriction in type 2 diabetes mellitus and metabolic syndrome: time for a critical appraisalAnthony Accurso
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 5:9. 2008..These beneficial effects of carbohydrate restriction do not require weight loss. Finally, the point is reiterated that carbohydrate restriction improves all of the features of metabolic syndrome...
- Acetoacetate reduces growth and ATP concentration in cancer cell lines which over-express uncoupling protein 2Eugene J Fine
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Cancer Cell Int 9:14. 2009..The results bear on the hypothesized potential for ketogenic diets as therapeutic strategies...
- Chronic effects of dietary carbohydrate variation on [18F]-2-fluoro-2-deoxyglucose uptake in rodent heartEugene J Fine
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Nucl Med Commun 30:675-80. 2009..Short-term carbohydrate (CHO) restriction can reduce FDG uptake, although unreliably, whereas long-term restriction of CHO has not been systematically studied. It would be valuable to understand FDG hearts' chronic dietary dependence...