Affiliation: Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Muscle overactivity and movement dysfunction in the upper motoneuron syndromeNathaniel H Mayer
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Temple University Health Sciences Center, Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 14:855-83, vii-viii. 2003..The clinical impact of UMN on patients is broad and tends to limit functional capacity. The negative and positive signs lead to reduced mobility and limb usage...
- Improvements in healthcare and cost benefits associated with botulinum toxin treatment of spasticity and muscle overactivityA Esquenazi
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, MossRehab and Albert Einstein Medical Centre, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
Eur J Neurol 13:27-34. 2006..Therefore, the clinical benefits of BoNT-A treatment outweigh the apparent high costs of this intervention, showing it to be a cost-effective treatment...
- Influence of botulinum toxin type A treatment of elbow flexor spasticity on hemiparetic gaitAlberto Esquenazi
Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, MossRehab, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 87:305-10; quiz 311, 329. 2008..To assess whether walking velocity could be improved in patients with disorders related to upper-motor neuron syndrome (UMNS) by treating elbow flexor spasticity with botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA)...
- OnabotulinumtoxinA muscle injection patterns in adult spasticity: a systematic literature reviewLuba Nalysnyk
Epidemiology and Database Analytics, United BioSource Corporation, Lexington, MA, USA
BMC Neurol 13:118. 2013..This study reviews the injection patterns (i.e., muscle distribution, dosing) of onabotulinumtoxinA for treatment of adult spasticity, as reported in published studies...
- Gait analysis in lower-limb amputation and prosthetic rehabilitationAlberto Esquenazi
Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, MossRehab, 60 Township Line Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA Electronic address
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 25:153-67. 2014..The same approach can be considered when selecting prosthetic components and assessing leg length in this patient population...
- Evidence-based review and assessment of botulinum neurotoxin for the treatment of adult spasticity in the upper motor neuron syndromeAlberto Esquenazi
MossRehab and Albert Einstein Medical Center, 60 Township Line Rd, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
Toxicon 67:115-28. 2013..There is a need for further comparative effectiveness studies of the available BoNT formulations for the management of spasticity...
- A randomized comparative study of manually assisted versus robotic-assisted body weight supported treadmill training in persons with a traumatic brain injuryAlberto Esquenazi
Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, MossRehab, 60 Township Line Rd, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
PM R 5:280-90. 2013..0 (sis)...
- Evaluation and management of spastic gait in patients with traumatic brain injuryAlberto Esquenazi
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, MossRehab, Albert Einstein Medical Center, 1200 W Tabor Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 19:109-18. 2004..The treatment strategies based on the algorithm included in this article were focused on the use of chemodenervation of targeted muscles, neuro-orthopedic surgery, and other therapeutic strategies...
- Botulinum toxin for the management of adult patients with upper motor neuron syndromeAlberto Esquenazi
MossRehab Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory and Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, 60 Township Line Road, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
Toxicon 54:634-8. 2009..A common sense approach would be to introduce BoNT treatment as early as possible, in order to prevent further complications including contractures...
- International consensus statement for the use of botulinum toxin treatment in adults and children with neurological impairments--introductionA Esquenazi
MossRehab Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, Department of PM and R, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
Eur J Neurol 17:1-8. 2010..There is emergent evidence for the efficacy of BoNT to reduce focal tremor, to treat other types of pain including neuropathic pain and also to improve function following treatment of focal muscle over-activity...
- Amputation rehabilitation and prosthetic restoration. From surgery to community reintegrationAlberto Esquenazi
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Moss Rehab Regional Amputee Rehabilitation Centre, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Disabil Rehabil 26:831-6. 2004..The purpose of this review is to summarize the literature related to the advances that have taken place in the management and rehabilitation care of limb amputation...
- Instrumented assessment of muscle overactivity and spasticity with dynamic polyelectromyographic and motion analysis for treatment planningAlberto Esquenazi
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Moss Rehab, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 83:S19-29. 2004
- Actual and perceived activity levels in polio survivors and older controls: a longitudinal studyMary G Klein
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia 19141, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:297-303. 2008..To examine factors associated with daily step activity, perceived activity, maximum walking speed, and walking speed reserve over time in polio survivors and older adults with no history of polio...
- Musculoskeletal pain in polio survivors and strength-matched controlsMary G Klein
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:1679-83. 2004..To determine whether a significant difference exists between musculoskeletal symptoms of polio survivors and those of older adults with no history of polio, and to determine if activity level and strength predict pain in either group...
- Botulinum neurotoxin in muscle overactivityAlberto Esquenazi
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, MossRehab and Albert Einstein Medical Center, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 20:563-7. 2005
- Botulinum toxin for the management of muscle overactivity and spasticity after strokeA Esquenazi
MossRehab Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, 1200 West Tabor Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 3:295-8. 2001..Smaller muscles are readily accessible for injection and require smaller amounts of toxin...
- The influence of dynamic polyelectromyography in formulating a surgical plan in treatment of spastic elbow flexion deformityMary Ann Keenan
Institute for Mobility Evaluation and Treatment, MossRehab Hospital, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:291-6. 2003..To determine the influence of motor-control analysis with dynamic electromyography on surgical planning in patients with spastic elbow flexion deformity...
- The impact of instrumented gait analysis on surgical planning: treatment of spastic equinovarus deformity of the foot and ankleDavid A Fuller
The Graduate Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19146, USA
Foot Ankle Int 23:738-43. 2002..Our purpose in this study was to determine the influence of gait analysis with dynamic electromyography upon surgical planning in patients with upper motor neuron syndrome and gait dysfunction...
- The effect of an ankle-foot orthosis on temporal spatial parameters and asymmetry of gait in hemiparetic patientsAlberto Esquenazi
Gait and Motion Analysis Laboratory, MossRehab, Elkins Park, PA 19027, USA
PM R 1:1014-8. 2009..To investigate the effect of an ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) on certain walking parameters in patients with hemiplegia...
- Effects of botulinum toxin-A on gait velocity, step length, and base of support of patients with dynamic equinovarus footMatteo Cioni
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 85:600-6. 2006....
- Evidence-based review of patient-reported outcomes with botulinum toxin type AJoseph Jankovic
Parkinson s Disease Center and Movement Disorders Clinic, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Neuropharmacol 27:234-44. 2004..These studies provide evidence that BTX-A exerts meaningful benefits on the quality of life of patients treated with this biologic agent...
- Temporospatial parameters of gait after obturator neurolysis in patients with spasticityDemet Ofluoglu
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 82:832-6. 2003..The goal was to analyze functional improvement and quantify outcomes and to attempt to document adverse effects...