Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 40LoVe interacts with Vg1RBP/Vera and hnRNP I in binding the Vg1-localization elementKevin Czaplinski
EMBL Gene Expression Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
RNA 12:213-22. 2006..We further demonstrate that titration of VM1 and E2 motif binding activity in vivo surprisingly suggests that the motif binding proteins have differing roles during Vg1LE-dependent mRNA localization...
- Identification of 40LoVe, a Xenopus hnRNP D family protein involved in localizing a TGF-beta-related mRNA during oogenesisKevin Czaplinski
EMBL Gene Expression Programme, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg 69117, Germany
Dev Cell 8:505-15. 2005..Our results associate an hnRNP D protein with mRNA localization and have implications for several functions mediated by this important protein family...
- Two distinct Staufen isoforms in Xenopus are vegetally localized during oogenesisRachel Allison
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
RNA 10:1751-63. 2004..The Xenopus oocyte should thus provide a valuable system to dissect the role of Staufen proteins in RNA localization and vertebrate development...
- Pathways for mRNA localization in the cytoplasmKevin Czaplinski
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461718 430 8646, USA
Trends Biochem Sci 31:687-93. 2006..Different mechanisms have been identified that enable localized mRNAs to target different subcellular compartments, and recent advances in understanding these pathways is reviewed here...
- Mechanisms and cellular roles of local protein synthesis in mammalian cellsAlexis J Rodriguez
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, United States
Curr Opin Cell Biol 20:144-9. 2008..Identifying regulatory sites on transport factors as well as novel physiological functions for well-known translation factors has provided significant advances in how spatially controlled translation impacts cell function...