Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 40LoVe interacts with Vg1RBP/Vera and hnRNP I in binding the Vg1-localization elementKevin Czaplinski
EMBL Gene Expression Programme, Heidelberg, Germany
RNA 12:213-22. 2006..We further demonstrate that titration of VM1 and E2 motif binding activity in vivo surprisingly suggests that the motif binding proteins have differing roles during Vg1LE-dependent mRNA localization...
- Identification of 40LoVe, a Xenopus hnRNP D family protein involved in localizing a TGF-beta-related mRNA during oogenesisKevin Czaplinski
EMBL Gene Expression Programme, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg 69117, Germany
Dev Cell 8:505-15. 2005..Our results associate an hnRNP D protein with mRNA localization and have implications for several functions mediated by this important protein family...
- Two distinct Staufen isoforms in Xenopus are vegetally localized during oogenesisRachel Allison
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, United Kingdom
RNA 10:1751-63. 2004..The Xenopus oocyte should thus provide a valuable system to dissect the role of Staufen proteins in RNA localization and vertebrate development...
- Pathways for mRNA localization in the cytoplasmKevin Czaplinski
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461718-430-8646, USA
Trends Biochem Sci 31:687-93. 2006..Different mechanisms have been identified that enable localized mRNAs to target different subcellular compartments, and recent advances in understanding these pathways is reviewed here...
- Mechanisms and cellular roles of local protein synthesis in mammalian cellsAlexis J Rodriguez
Department of Anatomy and Structural Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, United States
Curr Opin Cell Biol 20:144-9. 2008..Identifying regulatory sites on transport factors as well as novel physiological functions for well-known translation factors has provided significant advances in how spatially controlled translation impacts cell function...