Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Casadevall A, Feldmesser M, Pirofski L. Induced humoral immunity and vaccination against major human fungal pathogens. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2002;5:386-91 pubmed..Protective monoclonal antibodies can be used to identify antigens that induce useful humoral responses. ..
- Casadevall A, Pirofski L. Insights into mechanisms of antibody-mediated immunity from studies with Cryptococcus neoformans. Curr Mol Med. 2005;5:421-33 pubmed..Observations with C. neoformans have stimulated a reappraisal of the role of humoral immunity for other pathogens and highlighted the limitations in current methods of assessing the role of Ab in host defense. ..
- Casadevall A, Pirofski L. Antibody-mediated protection through cross-reactivity introduces a fungal heresy into immunological dogma. Infect Immun. 2007;75:5074-8 pubmed
- Casadevall A. Evolution of intracellular pathogens. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2008;62:19-33 pubmed publisher..Although often viewed as a specialized adaptation, the capacity for intracellular survival may be widespread among microbes, thus questioning whether the intracellular lifestyle warrants a category of special distinctiveness. ..
- Casadevall A, Nosanchuk J, Williamson P, Rodrigues M. Vesicular transport across the fungal cell wall. Trends Microbiol. 2009;17:158-62 pubmed publisher..The discovery of vesicular transport in fungi opens many new avenues for investigation in basic cell biology and pathogenesis. ..