Karen A Bonuck
Affiliation: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Prevalence and persistence of sleep disordered breathing symptoms in young children: a 6-year population-based cohort studyKaren A Bonuck
Department of Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 11461, USA
Sleep 34:875-84. 2011..To describe the prevalence, persistence, and characteristics associated with sleep disordered breathing (SDB) symptoms in a population-based cohort followed from 6 months to 6.75 years...
- Rationale, design, and methodology for the optimizing outcomes in women with gestational diabetes mellitus and their infants studyDIANE C BERRY
School of Nursing, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Campus Box 7460, Chapel Hill 27599 7460, NC, USA
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:184. 2013..This paper describes the rationale, design and methodology of a 2-year, randomized, controlled study being conducted in North Carolina...
- Bottle-weaning intervention and toddler overweightKaren Bonuck
Department of Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY Electronic address
J Pediatr 164:306-12.e1-2. 2014..Children (WIC)-based counseling intervention reduce (milk) bottle use?; (2) Does this intervention reduce energy intake from bottles?; and (3) Does this intervention reduce the risk of a child being >85th percentile weight-for-length?..
- Pediatric sleep disorders and special educational need at 8 years: a population-based cohort studyKaren Bonuck
Department of Family Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Pediatrics 130:634-42. 2012..To examine associations between sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and behavioral sleep problems (BSPs) through 5 years of age and special educational need (SEN) at 8 years...
- Sleep-disordered breathing in a population-based cohort: behavioral outcomes at 4 and 7 yearsKaren Bonuck
Department of Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Pediatrics 129:e857-65. 2012..Examine statistical effects of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) symptom trajectories from 6 months to 7 years on subsequent behavior...
- Sleep problems and early developmental delay: implications for early intervention programsKaren Bonuck
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jack and Pearl Resnick Campus, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Mazer Building, Rm 418, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 50:41-52. 2012..Assessing sleep problems within the evaluation may help establish eligibility for early intervention services and would maximize developmental potential by ensuring timely identification, referral, and treatment...
- Inappropriate bottle use: an early risk for overweight? Literature review and pilot data for a bottle-weaning trialKaren A Bonuck
Department of Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Matern Child Nutr 6:38-52. 2010..For the intervention, site nutritionists employ a project-developed, visually attractive flip chart. An observational study nested within the RCT will describe dietary changes during this period of feeding transitions...