Lawrence J Albers
- Pharmacogenomic-guided rational therapeutic drug monitoring: conceptual framework and application platforms for atypical antipsychoticsLawrence J Albers
Department of Psychiatry, Long Beach VA Healthcare System, University of California Irvine, USA
Curr Med Chem 11:297-312. 2004..In addition, a conceptual framework that outlines the theoretical advantages of pharmacogenomics-guided TDM is presented using recent clinical applications as precedence...
- Low-dose fluvoxamine as an adjunct to reduce olanzapine therapeutic dose requirements: a prospective dose-adjusted drug interaction strategyLawrence J Albers
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, College of Medicine, University of California Irvine, CA 90822, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:170-4. 2005..05). In conclusion, this prospective pilot study suggests that a 26% reduction in olanzapine therapeutic dose requirement may be achieved by coadministration of a nontherapeutic oral dose of fluvoxamine...
- CYP2D6 genotype in relation to perphenazine concentration and pituitary pharmacodynamic tissue sensitivity in Asians: CYP2D6-serotonin-dopamine crosstalk revisitedVural Ozdemir
Biomarker and Clinical Pharmacology Unit, VA Long Beach Medical Center, and School of Medicine, University of California Irvine, 3844 East 15th Street, Long Beach, Irvine, CA 90804, USA
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:339-47. 2007..We prospectively evaluated significance of CYP2D6 genetic variation for prolactin response to perphenazine (a model first-generation antipsychotic) in Asians...
- Pharmacogenetics for off-patent antipsychotics: reframing the risk for tardive dyskinesia and access to essential medicinesVural Ozdemir
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Southern California Institute for Research and Education, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:119-33. 2006..This review discusses pharmacogenetic associations of tardive dyskinesia that are in part supported by meta-analyses and the oxidative stress-neuronal degeneration hypothesis...
- Second-generation antipsychotic exposure and metabolic-related disorders in patients with schizophrenia: an observational pharmacoepidemiology study from 1988 to 2002Christopher Reist
Long Beach VA Healthcare Systm, CA 90822, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 27:46-51. 2007..This is likely to significantly add to an already elevated risk for cardiovascular disease in this population. Further investigations are urgently required so that health policy can be appropriately amended for preventive measures...
- Simultaneous determination of fluvoxamine isomers and quetiapine in human plasma by means of high-performance liquid chromatographyMaria Addolorata Saracino
Alma Mater Studiorum, Universita di Bologna, Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 843:227-33. 2006..0%. The method was successfully applied to human plasma samples drawn from patients undergoing polypharmacy with the two drugs. Satisfactory accuracy values were obtained, with mean recovery higher than 94%...