Paul Clay Sorum
Affiliation: Albany Medical College
- Do parents and physicians differ in making decisions about acute otitis media?Paul Clay Sorum
Albany Med Primary Care Network, 724 Watervliet Shaker Rd, Latham, NY 12110, USA
J Fam Pract 51:51-7. 2002..We wanted to discover how parents differ from physicians in making decisions about how to treat a child who may have acute otitis media (AOM)...
- France tries to save its ailing national health insurance systemPaul Clay Sorum
J Public Health Policy 26:231-45. 2005....
- Does choosing a treatment depend on making a diagnosis? US and French physicians' decision making about acute otitis mediaPaul Clay Sorum
Department of Medicine, Albany Medical Center, New York, USA
Med Decis Making 22:394-402. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine which processing model would better describe physicians' treatment choices in a simulated clinical task...
- Why do primary care physicians in the United States and France order prostate-specific antigen tests for asymptomatic patients?Paul Clay Sorum
Department of Medicine, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY, USA
Med Decis Making 23:301-13. 2003..To understand why many primary care physicians in the United States and France order prostate-specific antigen (PSA) tests routinely for their asymptomatic male patients despite "evidence-based" recommendations...
- Changes in French people's misconceptions about hepatitis C, 1997-2003Maria Teresa Munoz Sastre
Université de Toulouse II, France
Prev Med 42:150-3. 2006..The French health authorities instituted in 1999 a campaign to educate physicians, high-risk populations, and the public about hepatitis C (HC). To what extent has knowledge about HC increased among members of the French public?..
- Acceptability for French people of physician-assisted suicideStephanie Frileux
Centre d Etudes et de Recherches en Psychopathologie, MDR, Universite du Mirail, Toulouse, France
Death Stud 28:941-53. 2004..PAS can be highly acceptable to people even when the patient does not satisfy all the criteria of legislation about PAS...
- Under what conditions is euthanasia acceptable to lay people and health professionals?Nathalie Teisseyre
Laboratoire Cognition et Decision, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Universite du Mirail, 31058 Toulouse, France
Soc Sci Med 60:357-68. 2005..Thus we demonstrate a common cognitive foundation for future discussions, at the levels of both clinical care and public policy, of the conditions under which physician-performed euthanasia might be acceptable...
- The impact of the preventive medical message on intention to change behaviorStephanie Frileux
UFR de Psychologie, Université de Paris X Nanterre, Paris, France
Patient Educ Couns 52:79-88. 2004....
- Learning the relationship between smoking, drinking alcohol and the risk of esophageal cancerSylvie Bonnin-Scaon
Laboratoire Cognition et Decision, Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, Tours, France
Health Educ Res 17:415-24. 2002..Third, this learning persisted for 1 month. This methodology may prove useful in correcting people's underestimation of their health risks...
- Misconceptions regarding hepatitis C in the French publicMaria Teresa Munoz Sastre
Université de Toulouse II, Toulouse, France
Prev Med 34:596-9. 2002..Knowing the facts and displaying the proper attitudes and behaviors are critical in preventing the spread of infectious diseases. Hepatitis C is a common infection, but the public's understanding of it has not been studied...
- Eliciting utilities using functional methodology: people's disutilities for the adverse outcomes of cardiopulmonary resuscitationAlexandra Gamelin
IUT B, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Qual Life Res 15:429-39. 2006..To evaluate the functional methodology of Norman H. Anderson in eliciting utilities for health outcomes...