Affiliation: Albany Medical College
- The effect of a family support intervention on family satisfaction, length-of-stay, and cost of care in the intensive care unitWayne Shelton
Program on Ethics and Health Outcomes, Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Crit Care Med 38:1315-20. 2010..The study examined the effect of adding a full-time family support coordinator to the surgical intensive care unit team on family satisfaction, length-of-stay, and cost in the surgical intensive care unit...
- Exception from informed consent enrollment in emergency medical research: attitudes and awarenessWayne Triner
Department of Emergency Medicine, Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:187-91. 2007..In addition, the authors sought to determine the level of awareness of such an ongoing study among potential subjects, as defined by their presence in an emergency department (ED)...
- For lack of a better plan: a framework for ethical, legal, and clinical challenges in complex inpatient discharge planningJane Jankowski
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY 12208, USA
HEC Forum 21:311-26. 2009....
- The role of social work in the ICU: reducing family distress and facilitating end-of-life decision-makingSusannah L Rose
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 2:3-23. 2006..Further studies need to be done to investigate the effectiveness of social work interventions in reducing family distress, avoiding care that is unwanted by patients, and demonstrating cost-saving benefits...
- A survey of healthcare industry representatives' participation in surgery: some new ethical concernsJeffrey Bedard
Albany Medical College, MC153, 47 New Scotland, Albany, New York 12208 USA
J Clin Ethics 25:238-44. 2014..To provide preliminary evidence of the types and amount of involvement by healthcare industry representatives (HCIRs) in surgery, as well as the ethical concerns of those representatives...