J L Houghton
Affiliation: Albany Medical College
- The presence of African American race predicts improvement in coronary endothelial function after supplementary L-arginineJan L Houghton
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1314-22. 2002..The purpose of our study was to determine if the presence of African American ethnicity modulates improvement in coronary vascular endothelial function after supplementary L-arginine...
- Basal and reserve renal artery blood flow: effect of endothelium-dependent and -independent vasoactive agonists and radiographic contrast medium in two patientsJ L Houghton
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 12:211-5. 2000..Future indications for this testing are briefly discussed...
- Cholesterol lowering with pravastatin improves resistance artery endothelial function: report of six subjects with normal coronary arteriogramsJ L Houghton
Division of Cardiology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Chest 118:756-60. 2000..The purpose of our study was to investigate the effect of cholesterol lowering with pravastatin on coronary resistance artery endothelial function in the setting of angiographically normal coronary arteries...
- African Americans with LVH demonstrate depressed sensitivity of the coronary microcirculation to stimulated relaxationJan Laws Houghton
Division of Cardiology, A 44, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Hypertension 42:269-76. 2003..These results provide a mechanism whereby racial differences in coronary vasoreactivity might contribute to adverse coronary heart disease outcome among African Americans, a group in whom LVH is prevalent...
- Heterogeneous vasomotor responses of coronary conduit and resistance vessels in hypertensionJ L Houghton
Department of Medicine, Albany Medical College, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 31:374-82. 1998..The purpose of our study was to investigate the relation between conductance and resistance coronary vasomotor responsiveness in hypertensive patients without atherosclerosis...
- Long-term cardiovascular consequences of diuretics vs calcium channel blockers vs angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitorsJan Laws Houghton
JAMA 289:2066; author reply 2069-70. 2003