Charles E Argoff
Affiliation: Albany Medical College
- Topical analgesics in the management of acute and chronic painCharles E Argoff
Department of Neurology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 88:195-205. 2013..Evidence also supports the use of topical lidocaine in the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia and diabetic neuropathy. Currently, limited evidence is available to support the use of other topical analgesics in acute and chronic pain...
- Clinical development of a once-daily gastroretentive formulation of gabapentin for treatment of postherpetic neuralgia: an overviewCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical College Neurology Group, 47 New Scotland Avenue, MC 70, Physicians Pavilion, 1st Floor, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Expert Opin Drug Deliv 9:1147-60. 2012..G-GR slowly releases the drug from the tablet to the upper small intestine, where gabapentin is best absorbed, over approximately 10 h...
- Epidural steroid injections are useful for the treatment of low back pain and radicular symptoms: conCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical College, Albany Medical Center, 47 New Scotland Avenue, MC70, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:35-8. 2009..We suggest that further high-quality studies are required and their results respected through their implementation in daily practice to better ensure that only appropriate patients are advised to undergo this procedure...
- A comparison of long- and short-acting opioids for the treatment of chronic noncancer pain: tailoring therapy to meet patient needsCharles E Argoff
Department of Neurology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 84:602-12. 2009..English-only randomized controlled trials and nonrandomized studies were considered...
- Multimodal analgesia for chronic pain: rationale and future directionsCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
Pain Med 10:S53-66. 2009..This review will discuss the biochemical basis of pain, factors that govern its severity and chronicity, and foundational elements for current and emerging multimodal treatment strategies...
- Pharmacological treatment of diabetic neuropathic painHoward S Smith
Albany Medical College, Department of Anesthesiology, Albany, New York 12208, USA
Drugs 71:557-89. 2011..It is hoped that in the future clinicians will be able to assess patient pathophysiology, which may help them to match optimal therapeutic agents to target individual patient aberrant mechanisms...
- Review of current guidelines on the care of postherpetic neuralgiaCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Postgrad Med 123:134-42. 2011....
- Clinical implications of opioid pharmacogeneticsCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical Center, NY 12208, USA
Clin J Pain 26:S16-20. 2010..As more pharmacogenetic research links specific polymorphisms to the pharmacologic effects of specific opioid analgesics, clinicians will continue to improve their understanding of how to prescribe these medications more effectively...
- Preventing and managing aberrant drug-related behavior in primary care: systematic review of outcomes evidenceCharles E Argoff
Professor of Neurology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York
J Opioid Manag 10:119-34. 2014..Physicians must critically evaluate their opioid prescribing and not only increase their efforts to prevent substance abuse but also not compromise pain management in patients who benefit from it. ..
- Intrathecal analgesia for refractory cancer painScott Newsome
Albany Medical College Comprehensive Pain Program, The Neurosciences Institute, Albany Medical Center, 47 New Scotland Avenue, MC 70, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 12:249-56. 2008..We discuss available evidence for their analgesic and adverse effects...
- Recent developments in the treatment of osteoarthritis with NSAIDsCharles E Argoff
Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 27:1315-27. 2011....