Phillip J Albrecht
Affiliation: Albany Medical College
- Excessive peptidergic sensory innervation of cutaneous arteriole-venule shunts (AVS) in the palmar glabrous skin of fibromyalgia patients: implications for widespread deep tissue pain and fatiguePhillip J Albrecht
Integrated Tissue Dynamics, LLC, Rensselaer, New York 12144, USA
Pain Med 14:895-915. 2013..To determine if peripheral neuropathology exists among the innervation of cutaneous arterioles and arteriole-venule shunts (AVS) in fibromyalgia (FM) patients...
- Role of small-fiber afferents in pain mechanisms with implications on diagnosis and treatmentPhillip J Albrecht
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience MC136, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208 3479, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 14:179-88. 2010....
- Differential hypertrophy and atrophy among all types of cutaneous innervation in the glabrous skin of the monkey hand during aging and naturally occurring type 2 diabetesMichel Pare
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Comp Neurol 501:543-67. 2007..These results indicate that transient phases of substantial innervation remodeling occur during the progression of diabetes, with differential increases and decreases occurring among the varieties of innervation...
- Pathologic alterations of cutaneous innervation and vasculature in affected limbs from patients with complex regional pain syndromePhillip J Albrecht
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY, USA
Pain 120:244-66. 2006..The results are evidence of widespread cutaneous neuropathologic changes. Importantly, in these CRPS type I patients, the myriad of clinical symptoms observed had detectable neuropathologic correlates...
- Opioids activate brain analgesic circuits through cytochrome P450/epoxygenase signalingJennie L Conroy
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:284-6. 2010..Pharmacological inhibition of brain P450 arachidonate epoxygenases also blocked morphine antinociception in mice and rats. Our findings indicate that a neuronal P450 epoxygenase mediates the pain-relieving properties of morphine...
- Efficacy of improgan, a non-opioid analgesic, in neuropathic painPhillip J Albrecht
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College MC 136, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Brain Res 1424:32-7. 2011..The present findings suggest that brain-penetrating, improgan-like drugs developed for human use could be effective medications for the treatment of neuropathic pain...