Valerie L Ng
Affiliation: Alameda County Medical Center
- Prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time assay considerationsValerie L Ng
Department of Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Lab Med 29:253-63. 2009..Thus, this article reviews laboratory issues and known variables influencing prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time results and international normalized ratio determinations...
- Anticoagulation monitoringValerie L Ng
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Laboratory Room 3408, Alameda County Medical Center Highland General Hospital, 1411 East 31st Street, Oakland, CA 94602, USA
Clin Lab Med 29:283-304. 2009..The newer anticoagulants (heparin analogs, direct factor Xa inhibitors, and direct thrombin inhibitors) and various applied coagulation laboratory testing and related issues are also discussed...
- Liver disease, coagulation testing, and hemostasisValerie L Ng
Clinical Laboratory, Highland General Hospital, 1411 East 31st Street, Oakland, CA 94602, USA
Clin Lab Med 29:265-82. 2009..Finally, this article reviews why FFP/FP cannot correct minimally prolonged clotting times in patients with liver disease, nor provide adequate prophylaxis against bleeding from percutaneous liver biopsy...
- Contemporary standards for the diagnosis and treatment of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)Zachary K Baldwin
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Calif 94143, USA
Surgery 143:305-12. 2008....
- Clinically relevant differences in prothrombin time and INR values related to blood sample collection in plastic vs glass tubesEberhard W Fiebig
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California San Francisco, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 124:902-9. 2005..1 (INR, 1.5) to -0.7 (INR, 4.5). Of the plastic tube INRs, 50% were more than 10% lower than INRs from samples collected in glass tubes. Therapeutic monitoring based on plastic-tube INRs could result in higher doses of warfarin...