Eileen P Ahearn
- Investigation of Notch3 as a candidate gene for bipolar disorder using brain hyperintensities as an endophenotypeEileen P Ahearn
Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Med Genet 114:652-8. 2002..Multipoint linkage analysis yielded negative results except for Model 1a, in which a maximal LOD score was -1.24. A mutation screen of Exons 3 and 4 was negative. Notch3 does not appear to be a candidate gene for BPD in this family...
- Pharmacologic treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder: a focus on antipsychotic useEileen P Ahearn
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 2286, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 15:193-201. 2003..The paucity of double-blind studies prevents firm conclusions, however, this class of medications may be useful particularly for refractory symptoms...
- Quetiapine as an adjunctive treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder: an 8-week open-label studyEileen P Ahearn
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:29-33. 2006..Subjects with PTSD who had significant PTSD symptoms when on an SSRI benefited from the addition of quetiapine. Patients improved significantly on all three clusters of PTSD symptoms: re-experiencing, hyperarousal and avoidance...
- A review of atypical antipsychotic medications for posttraumatic stress disorderEileen P Ahearn
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 26:193-200. 2011..Larger randomized controlled trials are needed to clarify the potential utility of these medications in the treatment of PTSD and more rigorous examination of metabolic side effects is warranted...
- Suicide attempts in veterans with bipolar disorder during treatment with lithium, divalproex, and atypical antipsychoticsEileen P Ahearn
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI 53705 2286, United States
J Affect Disord 145:77-82. 2013..In this study, lithium and divalproex provided protection against suicide attempts. Results need to be replicated in future prospective studies and clearly strategies for improving medication compliance among veterans are warranted...
- Fear, anxiety, and the neuroimaging of PTSDEileen P Ahearn
Willam S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 40:88-103. 2007....
- Symptom profile consistency in recurrent manic episodesFrederick Cassidy
Duke-Umstead Bipolar Disorder Program, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Compr Psychiatry 43:179-81. 2002..e., mixed v pure manic episodes)...
- Atypical antipsychotics, improved intrusive symptoms in patients with posttraumatic stress disorderEileen P Ahearn
Mil Med 168:x-xi. 2003
- Effectiveness and medical costs of divalproex versus lithium in the treatment of bipolar disorder: results of a naturalistic clinical trialDennis A Revicki
Center for Health Outcomes Research, MEDTAP International, 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 600, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Affect Disord 86:183-93. 2005..The clinical, quality of life (QOL), and medical cost outcomes of treatment with divalproex were compared with lithium in patients with bipolar I disorder over 1 year...
- Exacerbation of PTSD symptoms with use of duloxetineMichele L Deneys
J Clin Psychiatry 67:496-7. 2006