Cherie J Ziemer
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Fate and transport of zoonotic, bacterial, viral, and parasitic pathogens during swine manure treatment, storage, and land applicationC J Ziemer
National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment, USDA ARS, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Anim Sci 88:E84-94. 2010..These recommendations include examination of environmental and ecological conditions that contribute to off-farm transport and development of quantitative risk assessments...
- Bacteroides isolated from four mammalian hosts lack host-specific 16S rRNA gene phylogeny and carbon and nitrogen utilization patternsTodd Atherly
USDA Agricultural Research Service, National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment, Ames, Iowa, 50010 3120
Microbiologyopen 3:225-38. 2014....
- Broad diversity and newly cultured bacterial isolates from enrichment of pig feces on complex polysaccharidesCherie J Ziemer
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Microb Ecol 66:448-61. 2013..With over 30 % of the isolates not represented in culture, there are new opportunities to study genomic and metabolic capacities of these members of the complex intestinal microbiota...
- Effects of feeding fiber-fermenting bacteria to pigs on nutrient digestion, fecal output, and plasma energy metabolitesC J Ziemer
USDA ARS, National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment, Ames, IA 50011 3310, USA
J Anim Sci 90:4020-7. 2012..Successful application of this bacterial treatment could result in improved pig performance and decreased manure volumes, both of which would improve profitability of producers...
- Dietary protein and cellulose effects on chemical and microbial characteristics of Swine feces and stored manureCherie J Ziemer
USDA ARS, National Soil Tilth Lab, 2110 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Environ Qual 38:2138-46. 2009..More importantly, after only 2 wk of urine and fecal collection, manure was not representative of stored manure, limiting its usefulness in developing standards and recommendations for on-farm management practices...