Ray W Waters
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Waters W, Rahner T, Palmer M, Cheng D, Nonnecke B, Whipple D. Expression of L-Selectin (CD62L), CD44, and CD25 on activated bovine T cells. Infect Immun. 2003;71:317-26 pubmed..These alterations in surface molecule expression upon activation likely impact trafficking to sites of inflammation and the functional capacity of these cells within tuberculous granulomas. ..
- Waters W, Nonnecke B, Palmer M, Robbe Austermann S, Bannantine J, Stabel J, et al. Use of recombinant ESAT-6:CFP-10 fusion protein for differentiation of infections of cattle by Mycobacterium bovis and by M. avium subsp. avium and M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2004;11:729-35 pubmed..avium subsp. paratuberculosis, it appears that use of the rESAT-6:CFP-10 fusion protein will be useful for the detection of tuberculous cattle in herds with pre-existing sensitization to M. avium and/or M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis. ..
- Herzig C, Waters R, Baldwin C, Telfer J. Evolution of the CD163 family and its relationship to the bovine gamma delta T cell co-receptor WC1. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:181 pubmed publisher..This expanded repertoire was retained by species known as "gammadelta T cell high", but homologous SRCR molecules were maintained by all mammals. ..
- Waters W, Palmer M, Bannantine J, Greenwald R, Esfandiari J, Andersen P, et al. Antibody responses in reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) infected with Mycobacterium bovis. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2005;12:727-35 pubmed..bovis infection of reindeer elicits an antibody response to multiple antigens that can be boosted by skin testing. Serological tests using carefully selected specific antigens have potential for early detection of infections in reindeer...
- Waters W, Palmer M, Thacker T, Payeur J, Harris N, Minion F, et al. Immune responses to defined antigens of Mycobacterium bovis in cattle experimentally infected with Mycobacterium kansasii. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2006;13:611-9 pubmed..bovis infection. These findings indicate that M. kansasii infection of calves elicits specific responses that may confound the interpretation of bovine tuberculosis tests...
- Waters W, Palmer M, Thacker T, Bannantine J, Vordermeier H, Hewinson R, et al. Early antibody responses to experimental Mycobacterium bovis infection of cattle. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2006;13:648-54 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the potential for new-generation antibody-based tests for the early detection of M. bovis infection in cattle...