Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Analysis of Salmonella serotypes from selected carcasses and raw ground products sampled prior to implementation of the Pathogen Reduction; Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Final Rule in the USW Schlosser
Food Safety and Inspection Service, Washington, DC, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 58:107-11. 2000..This paper reports Salmonella serotype results of samples collected from June 1997 through August 1998. These results represent a baseline for future comparisons...
- Use of a Markov-chain Monte Carlo model to evaluate the time value of historical testing information in animal populationsW Schlosser
USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Crystal Park Plaza, Suite 3000, 2700 Earl Rudder Parkway, College Station, TX 77845, USA
Prev Vet Med 48:167-75. 2001..We constructed such a model to value historical testing information in a more-transparent and -reproducible manner. Applications for this method include trade, food safety, and domestic animal-health regulations...
- Considering uncertainty in comparing the burden of illness due to foodborne microbial pathogensM Powell
Office of Risk Assessment and Cost Benefit Analysis, US Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC 20250, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 69:209-15. 2001..Although some would argue that the expected value of the number of illnesses provides the "best estimate" for decision-making, this merely reflects a decision-making rule of convention and not a scientific truism...
- Draft risk assessment of the public health impact of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in ground beefE Ebel
Office of Public Health Science, Food Safety and Inspection Service, US Department of Agriculture, Fort Collins, Colorado 80521, USA
J Food Prot 67:1991-9. 2004..Uncertainty about this risk ranges from about 0.33 illness in every 1 million ground beef servings at the 5th percentile to about two illnesses in every 1 million ground beef servings at the 95th percentile...
- Estimating the annual fraction of eggs contaminated with Salmonella enteritidis in the United StatesE Ebel
USDA, Food Safety and Inspection Service, Washington, DC, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 61:51-62. 2000....
- Surgical treatment of pancreas divisum causing chronic pancreatitis: the outcome benefits of duodenum-preserving pancreatic head resectionW Schlosser
Department of General Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 9:710-5. 2005..DPPHR reduced pain and preserved the endocrine function in the majority of patients with pancreas divisum. Therefore, DPPHR is an alternative to other resective or drainage procedures after failure of interventional treatment...