George C Paoli
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Development of Listeria monocytogenes-specific immunomagnetic beads using a single-chain antibody fragmentGeorge C Paoli
Microbial Biophysics and Residue Chemistry Research Unit, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Wyndmoor, PA 19038 8598, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 4:74-83. 2007..monocytogenes than were observed for the anti-Listeria IMBs (0.05-3.35%); also, the anti-L. monocytogenes scFv-IMBs exhibited improved specificity for L. monocytogenes as determined by cell capture efficiency in pure and mixed cultures...
- Single-chain Fv antibody with specificity for Listeria monocytogenesGeorge C Paoli
Microbial Biophysics and Residue Chemistry and Core Technologies, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Service, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J Immunol Methods 289:147-55. 2004..This is the first report of a species-specific antibody for viable cells of L. monocytogenes (i.e., the ability to bind to L. monocytogenes without cross-reactivity toward any other species of Listeria)...
- A method for correcting standard-based real-time PCR DNA quantitation when the standard's polymerase reaction efficiency is significantly different from that of the unknown'sPeter L Irwin
Molecular Characterization of Foodborne Pathogens, Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Anal Bioanal Chem 402:2713-25. 2012..This "correction" in the standard-based [DNA](unk) determination is typically 20-60% when the difference in the standard and unknown E is >0.1...
- Phenotypic and Genotypic Characterization of Biofilm Forming Capabilities in Non-O157 Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coli StrainsChin Yi Chen
Molecular Characterization of Foodborne Pathogens Research Unit, Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e84863. 2013..Understanding biofilm regulatory mechanisms will prove beneficial in reducing pathogen survival and enhancing food safety. ..
- How does Listeria monocytogenes combat acid conditions?James L Smith
Molecular Characterization of Foodborne Pathogens Research Unit, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 East Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038 8598, USA
Can J Microbiol 59:141-52. 2013..There is a need to study other acid resistance mechanisms of L. monocytogenes to determine their effectiveness in protecting the organism in acidic foods or during transit through the acid stomach...
- Evidence for a bimodal distribution of Escherichia coli doubling times below a threshold initial cell concentrationPeter L Irwin
Molecular Characterization of Foodborne Pathogens Research Unit, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, Eastern Regional Research Center, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
BMC Microbiol 10:207. 2010..Below this cell concentration (<or= 100 -1,000 CFU mL-1 ; <or= 27-270 CFU well-1) we observed an obvious increase in the tau scatter...
- SPR biosensor for the detection of L. monocytogenes using phage-displayed antibodyViswaprakash Nanduri
Center For Food Safety and Engineering, Department of Food Science, Purdue University, 745 Agriculture Mall Dr, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 23:248-52. 2007..monocytogenes whole cells was estimated to be 2 x 10(6)cfu/ml. The sensor was also used to determine the dissociation constant (Kd) for the interaction of phage-displayed scFv and soluble ActA in solution as 4.5 nM...