Steven E Naranjo
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Fifty years of the integrated control concept: moving the model and implementation forward in ArizonaSteven E Naranjo
USDA ARS, Arid Land Agricultural Research Center, 21881 N Cardon Lane, Maricopa, AZ 85138, USA
Pest Manag Sci 65:1267-86. 2009..The tangible benefits have been a 70% reduction in foliar insecticides, a >$200 million saving in control costs and yield, along with enhanced utilization of ecosystem services over the last 14 years...
- Impacts of Bt transgenic cotton on integrated pest managementSteven E Naranjo
Arid Land Agricultural Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 21881 North Cardon Lane, Maricopa, Arizona 85138, USA
J Agric Food Chem 59:5842-51. 2011..Although reductions in insecticide use in some regions have elevated the importance of several pest groups, most of these emerging problems can be effectively solved through an IPM approach...
- Impact of Lygus spp. (Hemiptera: Miridae) on damage, yield and quality of lesquerella (Physaria fendleri), a potential new oil-seed cropSteven E Naranjo
USDA ARS, Arid Land Agricultural Research Center, 21881 N Cardon Ln, Maricopa, AZ 85138, USA
J Econ Entomol 104:1575-83. 2011..g., forage and seed alfalfa, Medicago sativa L.). Thus, lesquerella production may introduce new challenges to pest management in crops such as cotton...
- Conservation of natural enemies in cotton: comparative selectivity of acetamiprid in the management of Bemisia tabaciSteven E Naranjo
Western Cotton Research Laboratory, USDA ARS, 4135 East Broadway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85040, USA
Pest Manag Sci 61:555-66. 2005....
- Comparison of sampling methods for determining relative densities of Homalodisca vitripennis (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) on citrusS J Castle
USDA ARS, Arid Land Agricultural Research Center, Maricopa, AZ 85239, USA
J Econ Entomol 101:226-35. 2008....
- Sampling plans, selective insecticides and sustainability: the case for IPM as 'informed pest management'Steven Castle
USDA ARS Arid Land Research Center, 21881 N Cardon Lane, Maricopa, Arizona 85238, USA
Pest Manag Sci 65:1321-8. 2009....