Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Multilocus simple sequence repeat markers for differentiating strains and evaluating genetic diversity of Xylella fastidiosaHong Lin
Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics, U S Department of Agriculture ARS, 9611 S Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4888-92. 2005..fastidiosa strains collected from grape, almond, citrus, and oleander. They are well suited for differentiating strains and studying X. fastidiosa epidemiology and population genetics...
- A new diagnostic system for ultra-sensitive and specific detection and quantification of Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus, the bacterium associated with citrus HuanglongbingHong Lin
Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics Research Unit, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, USDA ARS PWA, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
J Microbiol Methods 81:17-25. 2010..The technique described here is generic and can be applied to the detection of other plant pathogenic bacteria...
- The complete genome sequence of 'Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum', the bacterium associated with potato zebra chip diseaseHong Lin
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, CDPG, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Parlier, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e19135. 2011..L. solanacearum' probably has reduced capacity for nucleic acid modification, increased amino acid and vitamin biosynthesis functionalities, and gained a high-affinity iron transport system characteristic of several pathogenic microbes...
- Analysis of the genome-wide variations among multiple strains of the plant pathogenic bacterium Xylella fastidiosaHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
University of California Davis, Department of Viticulture and Enology, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Genomics 7:225. 2006..With the availability of genome sequence information for four strains, it is now possible to perform genome-wide analyses to identify and categorize such DNA variations and to understand their influence on strain functional divergence...
- Acquisition of uncharacterized sequences from Candidatus liberibacter, an unculturable bacterium, using an improved genomic walking methodHong Lin
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Mol Cell Probes 22:30-7. 2008....
- Comparative analysis of ESTs involved in grape responses to Xylella fastidiosa infectionHong Lin
USDA ARS, 9611 S, Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, California 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 7:8. 2007..The current molecular breeding efforts have identified genetic basis of PD resistance in grapes. However, the transcriptome level characterization of the host response to this pathogen is lacking...
- Transcriptional regulation of the grape cytochrome P450 monooxygenase gene CYP736B expression in response to Xylella fastidiosa infectionDavis W Cheng
San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, USDA ARS 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 10:135. 2010....
- Reproductive mode and fine-scale population genetic structure of grape phylloxera (Daktulosphaira vitifoliae) in a viticultural area in CaliforniaMd Sajedul Islam
USDA, Agricultural Resarch Service, USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648 9757, USA
BMC Genet 14:123. 2013..We examined reproductive mode and genetic structure of phylloxera by analyzing microsatellite makers across the samples from four vineyard-sites in California...
- VitisExpDB: a database resource for grape functional genomicsHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, 9611 So Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Plant Biol 8:23. 2008..Our goal is to develop a comprehensive web data source for Vitaceae...
- Multilocus microsatellite analysis of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' associated with citrus Huanglongbing worldwideMd Sajedul Islam
USDA ARS San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Research Science Center, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Microbiol 12:39. 2012..L. asiaticus' from a worldwide collection. Two hundred eighty seven isolates from USA (Florida), Brazil, China, India, Cambodia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Thailand, and Japan were analyzed...
- Comparative phylogenomics and multi-gene cluster analyses of the Citrus Huanglongbing (HLB)-associated bacterium Candidatus LiberibacterHarshavardhan Doddapaneni
USDA ARS, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Science Center, 9611 So, Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
BMC Res Notes 1:72. 2008..Expanding the genetic knowledge of this organism may provide better understanding of the pathogen and possibly develop effective strategies for control and management of HLB...
- Complete genome sequence of citrus huanglongbing bacterium, 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' obtained through metagenomicsYongping Duan
USDA ARS USHRL, Fort Pierce, FL 34945, U S A
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1011-20. 2009..L. asiaticus' as an early-branching and highly divergent member of the family Rhizobiaceae. This is the first genome sequence of an uncultured alpha-proteobacteria that is both an intracellular plant pathogen and insect symbiont...
- Aspects of pathogen genomics, diversity, epidemiology, vector dynamics, and disease management for a newly emerged disease of potato: zebra chipHong Lin
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service Crop Diseases, Pests and Genetics Research Unit 9611, S Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Phytopathology 103:524-37. 2013....
- PrimerSNP: a web tool for whole-genome selection of allele-specific and common primers of phylogenetically-related bacterial genomic sequencesJiqiang Yao
Citrus Research Board, 323 W Oak Street, Visalia, CA 93291, USA
BMC Microbiol 8:185. 2008..PrimerSNP attempts to identify reliable strain-specific markers, on which specific primers are designed for pathogen detection purpose...
- nWayComp: a genome-wide sequence comparison tool for multiple strains/species of phylogenetically related microorganismsJiqiang Yao
Citrus Research Board, 323 W Oak, P O Box 230, Visalia, CA 93279, USA
In Silico Biol 7:195-200. 2007..The nWayComp package provides users with a quick and convenient tool to compare genomic sequences among multiple organisms at the whole-genome level...
- Tomoregulin ectodomain shedding by proinflammatory cytokinesHong Lin
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Life Sci 73:1617-27. 2003....
- A PKC epsilon-ENH-channel complex specifically modulates N-type Ca2+ channelsYuka Maeno-Hikichi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3620 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Neurosci 6:468-75. 2003....
- The endo-beta-mannanase gene families in Arabidopsis, rice, and poplarJoshua S Yuan
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Tennessee, 2431 Joe Johnson Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 7:1-16. 2007....
- Purification and characterization of a novel beta-agarase, AgaA34, from Agarivorans albus YKW-34Xiao Ting Fu
College of Food Science and Engineering, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, 266003, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 78:265-73. 2008..AgaA34 was resistant to denaturing reagents (sodium dodecyl sulfate and urea). Metal ions were not required for its activity, while reducing reagents (beta-Me and dithiothreitol, DTT) increased its activity by 30%...
- Behavioral responses of Homalodisca vitripennis (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Cicadellidae) on four Vitis genotypesFelix B Fritschi
Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Environ Entomol 36:926-37. 2007..Grape genotype affected the behavior of adult H. vitripennis under controlled conditions, which may influence Pierce's disease epidemiology under field conditions...
- HoxB2 binds mutant SOD1 and is altered in transgenic model of ALSJinbin Zhai
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:2629-40. 2005..Taken together, our findings demonstrate that interaction of HoxB2 with mutant SOD1 occurs in motor neurons of G93A mutant SOD1 transgenic mice and suggest that this interaction may modulate the neurotoxicity of mutant SOD1...
- The role of repeating optimization of atrioventricular interval during interim and long-term follow-up after cardiac resynchronization therapyQing Zhang
Division of Cardiology, S H Ho Cardiovascular and Stroke Centre, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong
Int J Cardiol 124:211-7. 2008..Optimization of atrioventricular interval (AVI) is a cardinal component for the benefits. However, it is unknown if the AVI needs to be re-optimized during long-term follow-up...
- MMP-2 mediates ethanol-induced invasion of mammary epithelial cells over-expressing ErbB2Zunji Ke
Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 119:8-16. 2006..Thus, ethanol-stimulated invasion of cells over-expressing ErbB2 was mediated, at least partially, by MMP-2 activation...
- Expression and functional analysis of the rice plasma-membrane intrinsic protein gene familyLei Guo
Peking Yale Joint Research Center for Plant Molecular Genetics and AgroBiotechnology, National Laboratory for Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Cell Res 16:277-86. 2006..Taken together, these data suggest a distinct role of each OsPIP gene in response to different stresses, and should add a new layer to the understanding of the physiological function of rice PIP genes...
- Progression of systolic abnormalities in patients with "isolated" diastolic heart failure and diastolic dysfunctionCheuk Man Yu
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Circulation 105:1195-201. 2002..The use of ejection fraction (EF) of 50% as the cutoff point may not be adequate to address such a task. We believe that systolic dysfunction is common in DHF...