Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Glucose and insulin responses to whole grain breakfasts varying in soluble fiber, beta-glucan: a dose response study in obese women with increased risk for insulin resistanceHyunsook Kim
Western Regional Research Center, US Dept of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, 800 Buchanan Street, Albany, CA 94710, USA
Eur J Nutr 48:170-5. 2009..A high intake of whole grains containing soluble fiber has been shown to lower glucose and insulin responses in overweight humans and humans with type 2 diabetes...
- Hepatic gene expression related to lower plasma cholesterol in hamsters fed high-fat diets supplemented with blueberry peels and peel extractHyunsook Kim
Processed Foods Research, Western Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Albany, Calfifornia 94710, USA
J Agric Food Chem 58:3984-91. 2010..These data suggest that hepatic modulation of bile acid and cholesterol synthesis primarily contributes to the cholesterol-lowering effect of BB pomace byproducts...
- HPMC supplementation reduces abdominal fat content, intestinal permeability, inflammation, and insulin resistance in diet-induced obese miceHyunsook Kim
Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, CA, USA USDA, ARS, Western Regional Research Center, Albany, CA 95616, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 56:1464-76. 2012....
- Supplementation of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose into yeast leavened all-whole grain barley bread potentiates cholesterol-lowering effectHyunsook Kim
Western Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Albany, CA 94710, USA
J Agric Food Chem 59:7672-8. 2011..These data suggests that alternative whole grain breads supplemented with HPMC may provide consumers with a staple food that can assist in cholesterol management...
- Hypocholesterolemic effects of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose are mediated by altered gene expression in hepatic bile and cholesterol pathways of male hamstersGlenn E Bartley
Processed Foods Research, Western Regional Research Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Albany, CA 94710, USA
J Nutr 140:1255-60. 2010..Our data confirm that altered hepatic expression of lipid metabolism-related genes, possibly due to modulation of fecal bile acid excretion and intestinal cholesterol absorption, contributes to the lipid-lowering effects of HPMC...