W B Hunter
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Large-scale gene discovery in the pea aphid Acyrthosiphon pisum (Hemiptera)Beatriz Sabater-Muñoz
INRA Rennes, UMR INRA Agrocampus BiO3P, BP 35327, F 35653 Le Rheu cedex, France
Genome Biol 7:R21. 2006..This project is the first to address the genetics of the Hemiptera and of a hemimetabolous insect...
- A dual-genome microarray for the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum, and its obligate bacterial symbiont, Buchnera aphidicolaAlex C C Wilson
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
BMC Genomics 7:50. 2006..Development of this dual-genome array represents a first attempt to characterize gene expression in this emerging model system...
- Discovering new insect viruses: whitefly iridovirus (Homoptera: Aleyrodidae: Bemisia tabaci)W B Hunter
USDA ARS, U S Horticultural Research Laboratory, 2001 South Rock Road, Ft Pierce, Florida 34945, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 78:220-5. 2001..This is the first report of an iridescent virus isolated from whiteflies, B. tabaci, collected from the field...
- Iridovirus in the root weevil Diaprepes abbreviatusW B Hunter
USDA ARS, U S Horticultural Research Laboratory, 2001 South Rock Rd, Ft Pierce, FL 34945, USA
J Insect Sci 3:9. 2003..Discovery of new pathogens against root weevils may provide new management tools for development of control strategies based on induced epizootics. This is the first report of a virus infecting D. abbreviatus...
- Aphid biology: expressed genes from alate Toxoptera citricida, the brown citrus aphidW B Hunter
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, U S Horticultural Research Laboratory, Fort Pierce, Florida, USA
J Insect Sci 3:23. 2003..These data will aid research efforts in the identification of important genes within insects, specifically aphids and other sap feeding insects within the Order Hemiptera...
- Iridovirus infection of cell cultures from the Diaprepes root weevil, Diaprepes abbreviatusW B Hunter
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Horticultural Research Laboratory, 2001 South Rock Rd, Fort Pierce, FL 34945, USA
J Insect Sci 3:37. 2003..Root weevil cells were successfully infected in vitro with a known insect virus, Invertebrate Iridescent Virus 6. Potential uses of insect cell cultures and insect viruses are discussed...
- Molecular analysis of capsid protein of Homalodisca coagulata Virus-1, a new leafhopper-infecting virus from the glassy-winged sharpshooter, Homalodisca coagulataW B Hunter
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, US Horticultural Research Laboratory, Fort Pierce, FL 34945, USA
J Insect Sci 6:1-10. 2006..The HoCV-1, capsid protein sequence has been deposited in GenBank, Accession number: DQ308403...
- Effects of invertebrate iridescent virus 6 in Phyllophaga vandinei and its potential as a biocontrol delivery systemD A Jenkins
Tropical Agriculture Research Station, USDA ARS, 2200 Ave P A Campos, Ste 201, Mayaguez, PR 00680
J Insect Sci 11:44. 2011..vandinei...
- Development of a continuous whitefly cell line [Homoptera: Aleryrodidae: Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius)] for the study of begomovirusW B Hunter
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Horticultural Research Laboratory, 2001 South Rock Road, Fort Pierce, Florida 34945, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 77:33-6. 2001....
- Prevalence and natural host range of Homalodisca coagulata virus-1 (HoCV-1)L E Hunnicutt
USDA ARS US Horticultural Research Laboratory, Ft Pierce, FL 34945, USA
Arch Virol 153:61-7. 2008..Examination of alternate leafhopper species further demonstrated that, although infection is not ubiquitous to all sharpshooter genera, HoCV-1 is not limited to Homalodisca vitripennis (=H. coagulata)...