David P Horvath
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Characterization, expression and function of DORMANCY ASSOCIATED MADS-BOX genes from leafy spurgeDavid P Horvath
Biosciences Research Laboratory, USDA ARS, Fargo, ND, USA
Plant Mol Biol 73:169-79. 2010..Comparisons of the DAM gene promoters between poplar and leafy spurge have identified several conserved sequences that may be important for their expression patterns in response to dormancy-inducing stimuli...
- Transcriptome analysis identifies novel responses and potential regulatory genes involved in seasonal dormancy transitions of leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula L.)David P Horvath
Biosciences Research Laboratory, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Fargo ND, USA
BMC Genomics 9:536. 2008..Crown buds collected monthly from August through December, over a five year period, were used to monitor the changes in the transcriptome during dormancy transitions...
- Auxin and ABA act as central regulators of developmental networks associated with paradormancy in Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense)James V Anderson
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Biosciences Research Laboratory, U S Department of Agriculture, 1605 Albrecht Blvd, Fargo, ND 58102 2765, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 12:515-31. 2012....
- Low temperatures impact dormancy status, flowering competence, and transcript profiles in crown buds of leafy spurgeMünevver Doğramaci
Department of Plant Sciences, North Dakota State University, 166 Loftsgard Hall, Fargo, ND 58105 6050, USA
Plant Mol Biol 73:207-26. 2010..Potential genetic pathways associated with these dormancy transitions and flowering were used to develop a proposed conceptual model...
- The transcriptomes of dormant leafy spurge seeds under alternating temperature are differentially affected by a germination-enhancing pretreatmentMichael E Foley
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Biosciences Research Lab, Sunflower and Plant Biology Research Unit, 1605 Albrecht Boulevard, Fargo, ND 58102 2765, USA
J Plant Physiol 170:539-47. 2013..However, the presence or absence of the pretreatment does affect the rate of germination and the germination transcriptional programs...
- Subtractive cDNA libraries identify differentially expressed genes in dormant and growing buds of leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula)Ying Jia
Department of Plant Sciences, North Dakota State University, Fargo, 58105, USA
Plant Mol Biol 61:329-44. 2006..Gene ontology analysis identified a greater proportion of genes involved with catalytic activity in the forward library while the reverse library had a greater proportion of genes involved in DNA/RNA binding...
- Alternating temperature breaks dormancy in leafy spurge seeds and impacts signaling networks associated with HY5Wun S Chao
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Biosciences Research Lab, 1605 Albrecht Boulevard, Fargo, ND 58102 2765, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 11:637-49. 2011....
- Initial changes in the transcriptome of Euphorbia esula seeds induced to germinate with a combination of constant and diurnal alternating temperaturesMichael E Foley
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Biosciences Research Lab, 1605 Albrecht Boulevard, Fargo, ND 58105 5674, USA
Plant Mol Biol 73:131-42. 2010..Subnetwork analysis identified genes involved in abscisic acid, sugar, and circadian clock signaling as key regulators of physiological activity in seeds soon after the transfer to alternating conditions...
- Arabidopsis microarrays identify conserved and differentially expressed genes involved in shoot growth and development from distantly related plant speciesDavid P Horvath
Biosciences Research Laboratory, Agricultural Research Service, US Department of Agriculture, Fargo, ND 58105 5674, USA
Plant J 34:125-34. 2003..Genes involved in cell division, stress responses, and development were conserved and expressed preferentially in growing shoots...
- Dehydration and vernalization treatments identify overlapping molecular networks impacting endodormancy maintenance in leafy spurge crown budsMünevver Doğramaci
Biosciences Research Laboratory, USDA Agricultural Research Service, 1605 Albrecht Blvd N, Fargo, ND 58102 2765, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 11:611-26. 2011..The data presented in this study helped to refine our previous model for dormancy regulation...
- Selection and validation of endogenous reference genes for qRT-PCR analysis in leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula)Wun S Chao
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Biosciences Research Lab, Sunflower and Plant Biology Research Unit, Fargo, North Dakota, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e42839. 2012..Nevertheless, the two newly identified leafy spurge genes, ORE9 and ARF2, can serve as orthologous candidates in the search for reference genes from other plant species...
- An EST resource for cassava and other species of EuphorbiaceaeJames V Anderson
USDA ARS, Biosciences Research Laboratory, 1605 Albrecht Blvd, P O Box 5674, State University Station, Fargo, ND, 58105, USA
Plant Mol Biol 56:527-39. 2004....
- Knowing when to grow: signals regulating bud dormancyDavid P Horvath
USDA ARS, Biosciences Research Laboratory, 1605 Albrecht Blvd, PO Box 5674, State University Station, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Trends Plant Sci 8:534-40. 2003..Epigenetic-like regulation of endodormancy suggests a possible role for chromatin remodeling similar to that known for the vernalization responses during flowering...
- Molecular analysis of signals controlling dormancy and growth in underground adventitious buds of leafy spurgeDavid P Horvath
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Biosciences Research Laboratory, P O Box 5674, State University Station, Fargo, ND 58105 5674, USA
Plant Physiol 128:1439-46. 2002..Loss of polar auxin transport was necessary for continuation of the cell cycle and further bud development if the S phase was previously initiated...