Eric R Hoberg
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Hoberg E. Taenia tapeworms: their biology, evolution and socioeconomic significance. Microbes Infect. 2002;4:859-66 pubmed..Human taeniasis and cysticercosis represent archaic associations and remain significant challenges for socioeconomic development, public health and food safety, and a continuing threat to animal production on a global basis. ..
- Hoberg E, Abrams A, Carreno R, Lichtenfels J. Ashworthius Patriciapilittae n. sp. (Trichostrongyloidea: Haemonchinae), an abomasal nematode in Odocoileus virginianus from Costa Rica, and a new record for species of the genus in the Western Hemisphere. J Parasitol. 2002;88:1187-99 pubmed..Discovery of A. patriciapilittae emphasizes the continued need for survey and inventory to define the structure and distribution of parasite faunas in wild and domestic ruminants from the Nearctic and Neotropical regions. ..
- Hoberg E. Phylogeny of Taenia: Species definitions and origins of human parasites. Parasitol Int. 2006;55 Suppl:S23-30 pubmed..In ecological time, sympatry, reproductive isolation, and differences in life history evident for T. saginata and T. asiatica as observed in China, and perhaps other regions of Southeast Asia, further serve to validate these taeniids. ..
- Hoberg E, Lichtenfels J, Rickard L. Phylogeny for genera of Nematodirinae (Nematoda: Trichostrongylina). J Parasitol. 2005;91:382-9 pubmed..Exclusion of Lamanema will require new assessments of historical biogeography and the evolution of host associations for the nematodirines. ..
- Hoberg E. Coevolution and biogeography among Nematodirinae (Nematoda: Trichostrongylina) Lagomorpha and Artiodactyla (Mammalia): exploring determinants of history and structure for the northern fauna across the holarctic. J Parasitol. 2005;91:358-69 pubmed....
- Hoberg E, Polley L, Jenkins E, Kutz S, Veitch A, Elkin B. Integrated approaches and empirical models for investigation of parasitic diseases in northern wildlife. Emerg Infect Dis. 2008;14:10-7 pubmed publisher..Such integrative approaches serve as cornerstones for detection, prediction, and potential mitigation of emerging infectious diseases in wildlife and persons in the North and elsewhere under a changing global climate...