Rafael A Garcia
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Water plasticization of extruded material made from meat and bone meal and sodium caseinateRafael A Garcia
Eastern Regional Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 600 East Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania 19038, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:3776-9. 2004..25-2.50 GPa, encompasses the values appropriate for a dog chew. Our results show that a particular desired stiffness can be maintained by applying an edible moisture barrier to the surface of the material...
- Relative effectiveness of pretreatments on performance of Rhizomucor miehei lipase in nonpolar reaction mediaRafael A Garcia
Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Shantz Building, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 120:81-95. 2005..Activating effects of phase interfaces and active-site protectants are shown to be complementary to other treatments, demonstrating that they likely act by distinct mechanisms...
- Application of design-of-experiments procedures to optimize efficiently pretreatment of lipase for use in a nonaqueous reactionRafael A Garcia
Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 127:69-78. 2005..This article demonstrates the efficiency of the method of steepest ascent particularly for evaluation of enzymatic reaction conditions exhibiting significant interactions...
- The non-nutritional performance characteristics of peptones made from rendered proteinRafael A Garcia
Eastern Regional Research Center, U S Department of Agriculture, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 37:95-102. 2010..No peptone caused a significant change in the viscosity of media. The experimental peptones studied here may be acceptable low-cost substitutes for commercial peptones, but none is equivalent to the commercial products in all respects...
- Rendered-protein hydrolysates for microbial synthesis of cyanophycin biopolymerDaniel K Y Solaiman
Biobased and Other Animal Coproducts Research Unit, U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, 600 E Mermaid Lane, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
N Biotechnol 28:552-8. 2011..Our results open a new avenue for the utilization of rendered protein coproducts to produce the cyanophycin biopolymer...
- Identification of highly active flocculant proteins in bovine bloodGeorge J Piazza
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Eastern Regional Research Center, Biobased and Other Animal Coproducts Research Unit, Wyndmoor, PA 19038, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 166:1203-14. 2012..The blood proteins acted faster than PAM, and unlike PAM, the blood proteins flocculants did not require calcium salts for their activity...
- Diffusion of protease into meat & bone meal for solubility improvement and potential inactivation of the BSE prionBrian A Coll
United States Department of Agriculture USDA, Agricultural Research Service ARS, Eastern Regional Research Center, Fats, Oils and Animal Coproducts Research Unit, Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e245. 2007..Prions distributed within MBM, however, may conceivably be protected from proteases...