Genomes and Genes
Thomas F Ducey
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Transcript analysis of nrrF, a Fur repressed sRNA of Neisseria gonorrhoeaeThomas F Ducey
Laboratory for Genomics and Bioinformatics, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Microb Pathog 46:166-70. 2009..This protocol allows for the rapid identification of transcriptional start sites of RNA transcripts, and could be used for high-throughput transcript mapping...
- Identification of the iron-responsive genes of Neisseria gonorrhoeae by microarray analysis in defined mediumThomas F Ducey
Laboratory for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Biomedical Research Center, Oklahoma City, 73104, USA
J Bacteriol 187:4865-74. 2005....
- Nitrification and denitrification gene abundances in swine wastewater anaerobic lagoonsThomas F Ducey
USDA ARS, Coastal Plains Soil, Water and Plant Research Center, 2611 W Lucas St, Florence, SC 29501, USA
J Environ Qual 40:610-9. 2011..As with other investigations, analyses of these genes provide useful insight while revealing the underlying greater complexity of N cycling within swine waste lagoons...
- Microbial community analysis of swine wastewater anaerobic lagoons by next-generation DNA sequencingThomas F Ducey
ARS USDA, CPSWPRC, 2611 West Lucas Street, Florence, SC 29501, USA Electronic address
Anaerobe 21:50-7. 2013..Overall, these results demonstrate that anaerobic lagoons have distinct microbial communities which are strongly controlled by the environmental conditions present in each individual lagoon...
- An analysis of the link between strokes and soils in the South Carolina coastal plainsThomas F Ducey
Coastal Plains Soil, Water, and Plant Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Florence, South Carolina, USA
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 47:1104-12. 2012..These data should help direct future research and epidemiology efforts to pinpoint the exact exposure events which predispose individuals to an increased stroke rate...
- Characterization of a microbial community capable of nitrification at cold temperatureThomas F Ducey
Coastal Plains Soil, Water, and Plant Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, 2611 West Lucas Street, Florence, SC 29501, USA
Bioresour Technol 101:491-500. 2010..The majority of the clones belonged to the genus Nitrosomonas, while other clones affiliated with microorganisms previously identified as having floc forming or psychrotolerance characteristics...
- Multilocus genotyping assays for single nucleotide polymorphism-based subtyping of Listeria monocytogenes isolatesTodd J Ward
Microbial Genomics and Bioprocessing Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7629-42. 2008..These mutations were restricted to serogroup 1/2 isolates, which may explain the overrepresentation of serotype 4b isolates in human listeriosis cases...
- Transcriptional and functional analysis of the Neisseria gonorrhoeae Fur regulonLydgia A Jackson
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 975 NE 10th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Bacteriol 192:77-85. 2010..Our findings further indicate that transcription under iron stress is indirectly controlled by Fur through 12 potential secondary regulators...
- A single-nucleotide-polymorphism-based multilocus genotyping assay for subtyping lineage I isolates of Listeria monocytogenesThomas F Ducey
Microbial Genomics and Bioprocessing Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 1815 North University Street, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:133-47. 2007..DNA sequences were deposited in the GenBank database under accession numbers DQ 812146 to DQ 812517, DQ 843664 to DQ 844598, and AY 512391 to AY 512502...