Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Genetic discovery in Xylella fastidiosa through sequence analysis of selected randomly amplified polymorphic DNAsJianchi Chen
Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Curr Microbiol 50:78-83. 2005..One RAPD inferred a genomic rearrangement event among X. fastidiosa PD strains and another identified a single nucleotide polymorphism of evolutionary value...
- Surface motility of Xylella fastidiosa visualized by oblique illuminationJ Chen
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, 9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Can J Microbiol 53:435-9. 2007..Haloes were found around some G-genotype colonies due to the excretion of unknown factors and (or) compounds, which might be related to bacterial surface motility...
- High throughput PCR detection of Xylella fastidiosa directly from almond tissuesJianchi Chen
Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Parlier, CA, United States
J Microbiol Methods 73:57-61. 2008..The results matched with those of the cultivation method at 92.3%. Considering the simplicity and reliability, we conclude that PFT-PCR is a valuable option for high throughput rapid detection of X. fastidiosa...
- Hypervariations of a protease-encoding gene, PD0218 (pspB), in Xylella fastidiosa strains causing almond leaf scorch and Pierce's disease in CaliforniaJ Chen
USDA ARS, Parlier, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, 9611 S Riverbend Ave, Parlier, CA 93648, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3652-7. 2008..fastidiosa strains. However, TRN stability, variation range, and correlation to phenotypes should be evaluated in epidemiological applications such as pathotype identification and delineation of pathogen origin...
- Whole genome sequences of two Xylella fastidiosa strains (M12 and M23) causing almond leaf scorch disease in CaliforniaJ Chen
San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, U S Department of Agriculture, Parlier, California 93648, USA
J Bacteriol 192:4534. 2010..Genome information greatly facilitates research on this nutritionally fastidious organism. Here we report the complete genome sequences of two ALSD strains of this bacterium, M12 and M23...
- Automatic system for continuously monitoring digging volume of red imported fire ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in the laboratoryJ Chen
USDA ARS, National Biological Control Laboratory, Biological Control of Pests Research Unit, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:1393-5. 2009..This system does not disturb the ants while collecting data and requires no software customization. It can display the digging curves while it is still collecting data...
- Repellency of callicarpenal and intermedeol against workers of imported fire ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae)J Chen
Biological Control of Pests Research Unit, USDA ARS, Stoneville, MS 38776, USA
J Econ Entomol 101:265-71. 2008..Both callicarpenal and intermedeol showed repellency against all colonies, and intermedeol showed significantly greater repellency than callicarpenal against both species and their hybrid...
- Guangdong and Florida populations of 'Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus' distinguished by a genomic locus with short tandem repeatsJ Chen
U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Services, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Parlier, CA, USA
Phytopathology 100:567-72. 2010..This is the first report documenting the differentiation of 'Ca. L. asiaticus' populations between Asia and North America and the possible presence of two differentially distributed genotypes of 'Ca. L. asiaticus' in Florida...
- A phytoplasma related to 'Candidatus phytoplasma asteri' detected in citrus showing Huanglongbing (yellow shoot disease) symptoms in Guangdong, P. R. ChinaJ Chen
U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service USDA ARS, Parlier, CA, USA
Phytopathology 99:236-42. 2009..In contrast, walled bacteria were at low titer. This study showed that in addition to 'Ca. L. asiaticus', a phytoplasma related to 'Ca. P. asteri' could also be detected in citrus showing HLB symptoms in Guangdong...
- Grapevine phenolic compounds in xylem sap and tissues are significantly altered during infection by Xylella fastidiosaChristopher M Wallis
United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Palier, CA 93648, USA
Phytopathology 102:816-26. 2012....
- Morphological evidence for phages in Xylella fastidiosaJianchi Chen
San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center, Agricultural Research Services, United States Department of Agriculture, Parlier, California, 93648, USA
Virol J 5:75. 2008..fastidiosa genomic information, that X. fastidiosa possesses active phages. This is the first report of phage particles released in X. fastidiosa cultures...
- Requirement of Shp-2 tyrosine phosphatase in lymphoid and hematopoietic cell developmentC K Qu
Burnham Institute, La Jolla, CA, USA
Blood 97:911-4. 2001....
- Seasonal population dynamics of Draeculacephala minerva (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) and transmission of Xylella fastidiosaJuan C Cabrera-La Rosa
University of California Riverside, Department of Entomology, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
J Econ Entomol 101:1105-13. 2008..fastidiosa from infected almonds to Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don indicated that this insect may be partly responsible for the slow spread of almond leaf scorch now recently observed in California's San Joaquin Valley...
- An evolutionary perspective of Pierce's disease of grapevine, citrus variegated chlorosis, and mulberry leaf scorch diseasesJianchi Chen
Division of Agricultural Science, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, USA
Curr Microbiol 45:423-8. 2002..fastidiosa, it is important to understand the diversity of X. fastidiosa strains, how strains of X. fastidiosa select their hosts, and their ecological roles in the native vegetation...