Brian W Brunelle
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Tetracycline accelerates the temporally-regulated invasion response in specific isolates of multidrug-resistant Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumBrian W Brunelle
Food Safety and Enteric Pathogens Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, ARS, USDA, Ames, IA 50010, USA
BMC Microbiol 13:202. 2013..Typhimurium isolates...
- Nucleotide and phylogenetic analyses of the Chlamydia trachomatis ompA gene indicates it is a hotspot for mutationBrian W Brunelle
Food Safety and Enteric Pathogens Research Unit, USDA, ARS, National Animal Disease Center, Ames, IA 50010, USA
BMC Res Notes 5:53. 2012..abstract:..
- Frequencies of polymorphisms associated with BSE resistance differ significantly between Bos taurus, Bos indicus, and composite cattleBrian W Brunelle
Virus and Prion Diseases of Livestock Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Ames, IA 50010 USA
BMC Vet Res 4:36. 2008..indicus x B. taurus composite cattle. The goal of our study was to establish the frequency of markers associated with enhanced susceptibility or resistance to classical BSE in B. indicus purebred and composite cattle...
- A mutation in the poxA gene of Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium alters protein production, elevates susceptibility to environmental challenges, and decreases swine colonizationShawn M D Bearson
Food Safety and Enteric Pathogens Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, 1920 Dayton Ave, Room 1403, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:725-32. 2011....
- Identification of a heritable polymorphism in bovine PRNP associated with genetic transmissible spongiform encephalopathy: evidence of heritable BSEEric M Nicholson
Virus and Prion Diseases of Livestock Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Ames, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2912. 2008..In order to determine if this amino acid change is a heritable trait in cattle, we sequenced the prion alleles of the only known offspring of this animal, a 2-year-old heifer...
- Profiling the gastrointestinal microbiota in response to Salmonella: low versus high Salmonella shedding in the natural porcine hostShawn M D Bearson
USDA ARS National Animal Disease Center, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Infect Genet Evol 16:330-40. 2013..Our results correlate microbial shifts with Salmonella shedding status in pigs, further defining the complex interactions among the host, pathogen, and microbiota of this important public health issue and food safety concern...
- The Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium QseB response regulator negatively regulates bacterial motility and swine colonization in the absence of the QseC sensor kinaseBradley L Bearson
Agroecosystems Management Research Unit, USDA, ARS, National Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Microb Pathog 48:214-9. 2010....