Judy W Arnold
Affiliation: Agricultural Research Service
- Colorimetric assay for biofilms in wet processing conditionsJudy W Arnold
USDA ARS, Russell Research Center, 950 College Station Road, Athens, GA 30605, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:1475-80. 2008..This is the first use of the crystal violet assay for measurement of bacterial biofilms on stainless steel under these conditions. The methods tested are applicable to other bacteria and substrata...
- Bacterial contamination on rubber picker fingers before, during, and after processingJ W Arnold
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, PO Box 5677, Athens, GA 30604, USA
Poult Sci 86:2671-5. 2007..05) above that of bacteria on inline fingers. These results indicate that intervention early in the picking process could enhance sanitation practices and pathogen control...
- Interventions for control of Salmonella: clearance of microbial growth from rubber picker fingersJ W Arnold
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, PO Box 5677, Athens, GA 30604 5677, USA
Poult Sci 88:1292-8. 2009..The most effective compound was nontoxic and completely cleared Salmonella Enteritidis contamination from the rubber picker finger surface...
- Temperature and nutrient effects on Campylobacter jejuni attachment on multispecies biofilms on stainless steelSheriase Q Sanders
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, Athens, Georgia 30604 5677, USA
J Food Prot 71:271-8. 2008..Under the conditions tested, the attachment of C. jejuni 1221gfp on stainless steel and biofilms was affected by a combination of temperature and nutrient availability, but C. jejuni culturability was affected solely by temperature...
- Culture and detection of Campylobacter jejuni within mixed microbial populations of biofilms on stainless steelSheriase Q Sanders
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, P O Box 5677, Athens, Georgia 30604 5677, USA
J Food Prot 70:1379-85. 2007..This study provides the basis for studying interactions of Campylobacter spp. with other bacteria in the environment, which will aid in the design of effective intervention strategies...
- Quantitative assessment of hard surface disinfectant activity against the foodborne pathogen Listeria monocytogenesJudy W Arnold
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, Athens, GA 30605, USA
J AOAC Int 89:1617-21. 2006..For 3 replications with duplicate samples, the phenol coefficient was 3.3. This research presents a technique-sensitive method that provides quantitative data for comparison and analysis of disinfectant activity against L. monocytogenes...
- Resistance of bacterial isolates from poultry products to therapeutic veterinary antibioticsD H Boothe
U S Department of Agriculture, Richard B Russell Agricultural Research Center, P O Box 5677, Athens, Georgia 30604, USA
J Food Prot 66:94-102. 2003..The results of this study show that resistance to antibiotics used for the therapeutic treatment of poultry occurs in bacteria in the processing environment...