Genomes and Genes
B W Murray
Affiliation: Agouron Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanistic effects of autophosphorylation on receptor tyrosine kinase catalysis: enzymatic characterization of Tie2 and phospho-Tie2B W Murray
Pfizer Global Research and Development La Jolla Laboratories, 4215 Sorrento Valley Boulevard, La Jolla, California 92121, USA
Biochemistry 40:10243-53. 2001..Tie2 activation perturbs catalytic residue ionizations, shifts the rate-limiting step to almost exclusive diffusion-control, and transforms the kinase into a more perfect catalyst...
- IkappaB kinase (IKK)-associated protein 1, a common component of the heterogeneous IKK complexF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:1526-38. 1999..IKKAP1 therefore appears to mediate an essential step of the NF-kappaB signal transduction cascade. Heterogeneity of IKK complexes in vivo may provide a mechanism for differential regulation of NF-kappaB activation...
- Mechanism and specificity of human alpha-1,3-fucosyltransferase VB W Murray
Department of Chemistry, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Biochemistry 35:11183-95. 1996..The role of charge and distance in the synergistic inhibitory effect by the combination of GDP, an aza sugar, and the acceptor sugar was probed. A mechanism for fucosyl transfer incorporating these findings is proposed and discussed...
- p38-2, a novel mitogen-activated protein kinase with distinct propertiesB Stein
Signal Pharmaceuticals Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 272:19509-17. 1997..A sequential kinetic mechanism of p38-2 is suggested by steady state kinetic analysis. In conclusion, p38-2 may be an important component of the stress response required for the homeostasis of a cell...
- IKK-1 and IKK-2: cytokine-activated IkappaB kinases essential for NF-kappaB activationF Mercurio
Signal Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 5555 Oberlin Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Science 278:860-6. 1997..Mutant versions of IKK-2 had pronounced effects on RelA nuclear translocation and NF-kappaB-dependent reporter activity, consistent with a critical role for the IKK kinases in the NF-kappaB signaling pathway...
- Genome organization of glutamine synthetase genes in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)K Gharbi
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Canada
Cytogenet Genome Res 116:113-5. 2007..In contrast, there is at present no further evidence that RT-24 and RT-08 share ancestrally homologous segments and additional genomic studies will be needed to clarify the evolutionary origin of genes coding for GS01 and GS03...