Affiliation: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- The healthcare cost and utilization project: an overviewClaudia Steiner
Center for Organization and Delivery Studies, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Eff Clin Pract 5:143-51. 2002....
- NHQR/NHDR measures for women of reproductive ageBeth A Collins Sharp
Center for Outcomes and Evidence, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Med Care 43:I64-71. 2005..This article addresses measures of importance to women of reproductive age in the first National Healthcare Quality Report (NHQR) and National Healthcare Disparities Report (NHDR)...
- Sensitivity of household reported medical conditions in the medical expenditure panel surveySteven Machlin
Division of Statistical Research and Methods, Center for Financing, Access and Cost Trends, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Med Care 47:618-25. 2009..Although medical condition data are complex and are subject to reporting error, little information exists on the quality of household reported condition data...
- Cardiac device implantation in the United States from 1997 through 2004: a population-based analysisChunliu Zhan
Center for Outcomes and Evidence, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:13-9. 2008..This study used hospital administrative data to assess cardiac device implantations in the United States, selected perioperative outcomes, and associated patient and hospital characteristics...
- Hospitalizations and deaths from diarrhea and rotavirus among children <5 years of age in the United States, 1993-2003Thea Kølsen Fischer
Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1117-25. 2007..The HCUP database serves as a sensitive and robust data source for monitoring the impact of a rotavirus-immunization program in the United States...
- Volume thresholds and hospital characteristics in the United StatesAnne Elixhauser
Center for Organization and Delivery Studies at the Agency for Healthcare Research and quality in Rockville, Maryland, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:167-77. 2003..However, for two procedures, low-volume hospitals had RN and resident staffing equal to or higher than those of high-volume hospitals, and the unadjusted mortality rates were no different...
- Critical review of health effects of soyabean phyto-oestrogens in post-menopausal womenAedin Cassidy
Centre for Metabolic Bone Disease, Hull Royal Infirmary, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 65:76-92. 2006..Future studies should focus on high-risk post-menopausal women, especially in the areas of diabetes, CVD, breast cancer and bone health...
- Kawasaki syndrome hospitalizations among children in the United States, 1988-1997Robert C Holman
Pediatrics 111:448. 2003
- Genistein protects human mammary epithelial cells from benzo(a)pyrene-7,8-dihydrodiol-9,10-epoxide and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal genotoxicity by modulating the glutathione/glutathione S-transferase systemClaudia Steiner
Department of Nutritional Toxicology, Institute for Nutrition, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Dornburger Strasse 25, 07743 Jena, Germany
Carcinogenesis 28:738-48. 2007....
- Trends in intussusception hospitalizations among US infants, 1993-2004: implications for monitoring the safety of the new rotavirus vaccination programJacqueline E Tate
Division of Viral Diseases, Epidemiology Branch, National Center for Immunizations and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatrics 121:e1125-32. 2008....
- Equol: a comparison of the effects of the racemic compound with that of the purified S-enantiomer on the growth, invasion, and DNA integrity of breast and prostate cells in vitroPamela J Magee
Northern Ireland Centre for Food and Health, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
Nutr Cancer 54:232-42. 2006....