Affiliation: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Improving depiction of benefits and harms: analyses of studies of well-known therapeutics and review of high-impact medical journalsArtyom Sedrakyan
Center for Outcomes and Evidence, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Med Care 45:S23-8. 2007..Currently, even in the highest impact medical journals, evidence of benefits and harms is not consistently presented in ways that facilitate accurate interpretation...
- Off-pump surgery is associated with reduced occurrence of stroke and other morbidity as compared with traditional coronary artery bypass grafting: a meta-analysis of systematically reviewed trialsArtyom Sedrakyan
Center for Outcomes and Evidence, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Stroke 37:2759-69. 2006..We sought to determine whether off-pump surgery is associated with reduced occurrence of adverse outcomes as compared with CABG with CPB...
- Cardiac device implantation in the United States from 1997 through 2004: a population-based analysisChunliu Zhan
Center for Outcomes and Evidence, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:13-9. 2008..This study used hospital administrative data to assess cardiac device implantations in the United States, selected perioperative outcomes, and associated patient and hospital characteristics...
- The risk of aprotinin: a conflict of evidenceArtyom Sedrakyan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Lancet 367:1376-7. 2006
- Effect of aprotinin on clinical outcomes in coronary artery bypass graft surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsArtyom Sedrakyan
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:442-8. 2004....
- Pharmacologic prophylaxis for postoperative atrial tachyarrhythmia in general thoracic surgery: evidence from randomized clinical trialsArtyom Sedrakyan
Clinical Effectiveness Unit, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, 35 43 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PE, England, UK
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:997-1005. 2005..We sought to determine whether the use of antiarrhythmic medications is associated with a reduced rate of postoperative atrial tachyarrhythmia...
- Improving clinical outcomes in coronary artery bypass graft surgeryArtyom Sedrakyan
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 624 North Broadway, Suite 492, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:S19-23. 2005..This analysis was performed to further address concerns that aprotinin safety often outweighs the well-established transfusion reduction benefits...
- Surgeons may have introduced a new operative technique in African-American patientsTom Treasure
J Health Serv Res Policy 12:2-3. 2007
- The evidence on the effectiveness of management for malignant pleural effusion: a systematic reviewCarol Tan
Thoracic Unit, Guy's Hospital, St Thomas' Street, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:829-38. 2006..Where thoracoscopy is unavailable bedside talc pleurodesis has a high success rate and is the next best option...
- Recursive partitioning-based preoperative risk stratification for atrial fibrillation after coronary artery bypass surgeryArtyom Sedrakyan
Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am Heart J 151:720-4. 2006..The tree-based method may be a useful tool for clinicians who seek to determine who is more or less likely to benefit from aggressive arrhythmia prophylaxis...
- Video assisted thoracic surgery for treatment of pneumothorax and lung resections: systematic review of randomised clinical trialsArtyom Sedrakyan
Health Services Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT
BMJ 329:1008. 2004..As for lobectomy, further studies are needed to determine how it compares with thoracotomy...
- Postoperative chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysisArtyom Sedrakyan
Health Services Research Unit, Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:414-9. 2004..Accordingly, we sought to determine whether postoperative chemotherapy is associated with improved survival compared with that after surgical intervention alone...
- Volume expansion with albumin decreases mortality after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryArtyom Sedrakyan
School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Chest 123:1853-7. 2003..67 to 0.96). CONCLUSION: Colloid administration in CABG surgery was unrelated to patient characteristics. Albumin use appears to be associated with lower incidence of mortality after CABG surgery compared to nonprotein colloid use...
- Beta-blocker therapy and symptoms of depression, fatigue, and sexual dysfunctionDennis T Ko
Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520-8025, USA
JAMA 288:351-7. 2002..The risks of these adverse effects should be put in the context of the documented benefits of these medications...