Bernard S Friedman
Affiliation: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Health insurance, primary care, and preventable hospitalization of children in a large stateB Friedman
Center for Organization and Delivery Studies, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD, USA
Am J Manag Care 7:473-81. 2001....
- The rate and cost of hospital readmissions for preventable conditionsBernard Friedman
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Med Care Res Rev 61:225-40. 2004..Interventions to reduce cost might focus on identifying high-risk patients before discharge and devising new approaches to follow-up...
- New evidence on hospital profitability by payer group and the effects of payer generosityBernard Friedman
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, RAND, Deloitte Consulting, Division of Health Care Finance and Policy of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA
Int J Health Care Finance Econ 4:231-46. 2004..We found significant direct associations but not external effects of payer generosity on the intensity of care...
- Renewed growth in hospital inpatient cost since 1998: variation across metropolitan areas and leading clinical conditionsBernard S Friedman
Center for Delivery, Organization and Markets, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Am J Manag Care 12:157-66. 2006..To use disaggregated data about metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) and clinical conditions to better describe the variation in cost increases and explore some of the hypothesized influences...
- Annual report on health care for children and youth in the United States: trends in racial/ethnic, income, and insurance disparities over time, 2002-2009Terceira A Berdahl
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Acad Pediatr 13:191-203. 2013..To examine trends in children's health access, utilization, and expenditures over time (2002-2009) by race/ethnicity, income, and insurance status/expected payer...