Affiliation: Affymetrix Inc
- Massively parallel pathogen identification using high-density microarraysNicolas Berthet
Genotyping of Pathogens and Public Health Technological Platform, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Microb Biotechnol 1:79-86. 2008..Our results suggest this technology could be applied in a clinical setting to test for numerous pathogens in a rapid, sensitive and unbiased manner...
- Large-scale genotyping of complex DNAGiulia C Kennedy
Affymetrix, 3380 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
Nat Biotechnol 21:1233-7. 2003..We also determined the ancestral allele for 8,386 SNPs by genotyping chimpanzee and gorilla DNA. WGSA is highly scaleable and enables the creation of ultrahigh density SNP maps for use in genetic studies...
- Phi29 polymerase based random amplification of viral RNA as an alternative to random RT-PCRNicolas Berthet
1Genotyping of Pathogens and Public Health Technological Platform, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
BMC Mol Biol 9:77. 2008..We adapted the QuantiTect Whole Transcriptome Kit (Qiagen) to our purposes and designated the method as Whole Transcriptome Amplification (WTA)...
- A genome-wide linkage analysis of alcoholism on microsatellite and single-nucleotide polymorphism data, using alcohol dependence phenotypes and electroencephalogram measuresChun Zhang
Genomics Collaborations Department, Affymetrix, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
BMC Genet 6:S17. 2005..Adding the microsatellite data to the combined SNP dataset improved the results only marginally. The results indicated that SNPs outperform microsatellites with the densest marker sets performing the best...
- Description of the data from the Collaborative Study on the Genetics of Alcoholism (COGA) and single-nucleotide polymorphism genotyping for Genetic Analysis Workshop 14Howard J Edenberg
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN, USA
BMC Genet 6:S2. 2005..CIDR, Affymetrix, and Illumina provided single-nucleotide polymorphism genotyping of a large subset of the COGA subjects. This article briefly describes the dataset that was provided...
- Assessment of algorithms for high throughput detection of genomic copy number variation in oligonucleotide microarray dataAgnes Baross
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Suite 100, 570 West 7th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 4S6, Canada
BMC Bioinformatics 8:368. 2007..The popularity of this technology and its associated open source data format have resulted in the development of an increasing number of software packages for the analysis of copy number changes using these SNP arrays...