Victoria L Brown
Affiliation: Affiliated Systems Corporation
- Social support, drug use, and employment among low-income womenVictoria L Brown
Affiliated Systems Corporation, 3104 Edloe, Suite 330, Houston, TX 77027, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 31:203-23. 2005..There was also a significant decrease in welfare income. Results suggest that the perceived quality of support received is an important factor in achieving positive employment outcomes...
- Do brain responses to emotional images and cigarette cues differ? An fMRI study in smokersFrancesco Versace
Department of Behavioral Science Unit 1330, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, PO Box 30149, Houston, TX 77230, USA
Eur J Neurosci 34:2054-63. 2011....
- Neural substrates of smoking cue reactivity: a meta-analysis of fMRI studiesJeffrey M Engelmann
Department of Behavioral Science Unit 1330, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, P O Box 301439, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuroimage 60:252-62. 2012..The results of this meta-analysis suggest that the extended visual system should receive more attention in future studies of smoking cue reactivity...
- Beyond cue reactivity: blunted brain responses to pleasant stimuli predict long-term smoking abstinenceFrancesco Versace
Department of Behavioral Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Addict Biol 17:991-1000. 2012..This response offers a new biomarker for identifying smokers at higher risk of relapse and for testing the efficacy of new interventions aimed at normalizing brain reward systems' responses to intrinsically pleasant stimuli...
- Personal adjustment and substance abuse problems in a longitudinal study of TANF recipients and the potential need for treatmentJohn Atkinson
Affiliated Systems Corporation, Houston, Texas 77027 6022, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 30:643-57. 2004..This study assessed the need over time for treatment of personal adjustment and substance abuse problems among chronic drug using and other recipients of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)...
- The association between EIC receipt and employment in a sample of drug using and non-drug using TANF recipientsIsaac D Montoya
Affiliated Systems Corporation, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 32:189-201. 2006..Both hours worked and earnings were positively associated with EIC receipt. In this population, EIC appears to be a successful mechanism for improving economic self-sufficiency...
- Brain reactivity to emotional, neutral and cigarette-related stimuli in smokersFrancesco Versace
Department of Behavioral Science, Unit 1330, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, P O Box 301439, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Addict Biol 16:296-307. 2011....
- The HIV transmission gradient: relationship patterns of protectionDavid C Bell
Department of Sociology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN, USA
AIDS Behav 11:789-811. 2007..Hypotheses accounting for risk in terms of self protection, social norms, gender power, and drug use were weakly supported or unsupported...