Yasir A W Skeiky
Affiliation: Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation
- Non-clinical efficacy and safety of HyVac4:IC31 vaccine administered in a BCG prime-boost regimenYasir A W Skeiky
Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 28:1084-93. 2010..Therefore, all non-clinical data supports the suitability of HyVac4 as a safe, immunogenic, and effective vaccination in a prime-boost regimen with BCG...
- Advances in tuberculosis vaccine strategiesYasir A W Skeiky
Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation, 1405 Research Blvd, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Nat Rev Microbiol 4:469-76. 2006..This first generation of new vaccines might also complement drug treatment regimens and be effective against reactivation of TB from the latent state, which would significantly enhance their usefulness...
- Novel recombinant BCG expressing perfringolysin O and the over-expression of key immunodominant antigens; pre-clinical characterization, safety and protection against challenge with Mycobacterium tuberculosisRonggai Sun
Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation, 1405 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Vaccine 27:4412-23. 2009..Thus, we have generated improved rBCG vaccine candidates that address many of the shortcomings of the currently licensed BCG vaccine strains...
- Differential immune responses and protective efficacy induced by components of a tuberculosis polyprotein vaccine, Mtb72F, delivered as naked DNA or recombinant proteinYasir A W Skeiky
Corixa Corp, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Immunol 172:7618-28. 2004..tuberculosis comparable to bacillus Calmette-Guérin immunization. Mtb72F in AS02A formulation is currently in phase I clinical trial, making it the first recombinant tuberculosis vaccine to be tested in humans...
- Protective immune responses to a recombinant adenovirus type 35 tuberculosis vaccine in two mouse strains: CD4 and CD8 T-cell epitope mapping and role of gamma interferonKatarina Radosevic
Crucell Holland BV, Archimedesweg 4 6, 2333 CN Leiden, The Netherlands
Infect Immun 75:4105-15. 2007..These results unify conflicting reports on the relative importance of CD4 versus CD8 T-cell responses in protection and emphasize the key role of IFN-gamma...
- Evaluation of the Mtb72F polyprotein vaccine in a rabbit model of tuberculous meningitisLiana Tsenova
Laboratory of Mycobacterial Immunity and Pathogenesis, The Public Health Research Institute, 225 Warren Street, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Infect Immun 74:2392-401. 2006..Interestingly, Mtb72F+AS01B induced better protection against leukocytosis and weight loss, suggesting that the polyprotein in this adjuvant may boost immunity without exacerbating inflammation in previously BCG-vaccinated individuals...
- Protection of mice and guinea pigs against tuberculosis induced by immunization with a single Mycobacterium tuberculosis recombinant antigen, MTB41Yasir A W Skeiky
Corixa Corporation, Seattle, WA, USA
Vaccine 23:3937-45. 2005....
- The protective effect of the Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccine is increased by coadministration with the Mycobacterium tuberculosis 72-kilodalton fusion polyprotein Mtb72F in M. tuberculosis-infected guinea pigsLise Brandt
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Infect Immun 72:6622-32. 2004..Collectively, these data suggest that enhancing BCG is a valid vaccination strategy for tuberculosis that is worthy of clinical evaluation...
- Immune responses to mycobacterial antigens in the Gambian population: implications for vaccines and immunodiagnostic test designJohan Vekemans
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Fajara, The Gambia
Infect Immun 72:381-8. 2004..While CFP-10 and alpha-crystallin are promising candidates for the immunodiagnosis of M. tuberculosis infection or for vaccine use, disease-associated immunosuppression may prevent IFN-gamma immunodiagnosis of more advanced tuberculosis...
- Immunization with a polyprotein vaccine consisting of the T-Cell antigens thiol-specific antioxidant, Leishmania major stress-inducible protein 1, and Leishmania elongation initiation factor protects against leishmaniasisRhea N Coler
Infectious Disease Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Infect Immun 70:4215-25. 2002....
- A novel method for increasing the expression level of recombinant proteinsAijun Wang
Department of Research and Development, Corixa Corporation, 1124 Columbia Street, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Protein Expr Purif 30:124-33. 2003..Thus, this novel fusion expression system has become a powerful tool for many applications...
- Lipoarabinomannan-reactive human secretory immunoglobulin A responses induced by mucosal bacille Calmette-GuÃ©rin vaccinationRobin M Brown
Saint Louis University Vaccine and Treatment Evaluation Unit, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Infect Dis 187:513-7. 2003..05). LAM-reactive antibody assays can serve as markers of humoral and mucosal immunity in future trials of BCG and newer attenuated mycobacterial vaccines...
- Variable expression of immunoreactive surface proteins of Propionibacterium acnesMichael J Lodes
Corixa Corporation, Infectious Disease Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Microbiology 152:3667-81. 2006..In contrast, serum from acne-negative donors shows an IgG2 and IgG3 antibody subclass response to the carboxy-terminal region. These data have implications for the potential role of P. acnes in inflammatory acne and other diseases...
- Protective efficacy of a tandemly linked, multi-subunit recombinant leishmanial vaccine (Leish-111f) formulated in MPL adjuvantYasir A W Skeiky
Corixa Corporation, 1124 Columbia Street, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Vaccine 20:3292-303. 2002....
- Use of multiepitope polyproteins in serodiagnosis of active tuberculosisRaymond L Houghton
Corixa Corporation, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:883-91. 2002..The data indicate that the use of multiple antigens, some of which are in a single polyprotein, can be used to facilitate the development of a highly sensitive test for M. tuberculosis antibody detection...