B S Weeks
Affiliation: Adelphi University
- Morphine reduces herpes simplex virus-1 pathogenesis in the murine flankB S Weeks
Adelphi University, Division of Science and Mathematics, Department of Biology, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Int J Mol Med 8:303-7. 2001..Taken together, these data suggest the morphine reduced HSV-1 pathogenesis by modifying the host response to HSV-1 infection and not by reducing viral replication rates...
- Dietary and botanical anxiolyticsElham Alramadhan
Department of Biology Adelphi University, One South Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Med Sci Monit 18:RA40-8. 2012..Therefore this paper explores several herbal and nutritional approaches to the treatment of anxiety...
- Dietary selenium and selenoprotein functionBenjamin S Weeks
Department of Biology and Environmental Studies Program, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY, USA
Med Sci Monit 18:RA127-132. 2012..Subsequently, it has been established that dietary selenium can improve a wide range of human health conditions even in areas with soil replete in selenium...
- Formulations of dietary supplements and herbal extracts for relaxation and anxiolytic action: RelarianBenjamin S Weeks
Department of Biology, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Med Sci Monit 15:RA256-62. 2009....
- Morphine inhibits indolactam V-induced U937 cell adhesion and gelatinase secretionB S Weeks
Division of Mathematics and Sciences, Department of Biology, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York 11530, USA
J Cell Physiol 189:179-88. 2001..Also, indolactam V did not induce mu receptor expression, suggesting that morphine acts on U937 cells in a non-specific fashion...
- Laminin-1 and the RKRLQVQLSIRT laminin-1 alpha1 globular domain peptide stimulate matrix metalloproteinase secretion by PC12 cellsB S Weeks
Department of Biology, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York 11530, USA
Exp Cell Res 243:375-82. 1998..Further, this study identifies the LQVXLXIR laminin-1 alpha1 globular domain peptide to be capable of stimulating both neurite outgrowth and matrix metalloproteinase secretion...