Affiliation: Adelphi University
- Thought and language disorder among sexually abused children in a psychiatric hospitalFrancine Conway
Adelphi University, Blodgett Hall 212 A, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Psychol Rep 112:340-52. 2013..Sexual abuse history was a predictive factor for non-logical reasoning, with small effect size. Implications and suggestions for future research are discussed...
- A six-year follow-up study of social network changes among African-American, Caribbean, and U.S.-born Caucasian urban older adultsFrancine Conway
Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies, Adelphi University, Garden City 11530 0701, New York, USA
Int J Aging Hum Dev 76:1-27. 2013..These social network processes are of emotional and functional significance for the older adult...
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy of ADHD: a review of the literatureFrancine Conway
Adelphi University, Derner Institute of Advanced Psychological Studies, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:404-17. 2012..Findings of the review are provided to guide psychodynamic psychotherapists in their treatment of ADHD children. Recommendations for future individual and group studies are discussed...
- Synergy between molecular and contextual views of coping among four ethnic groups of older adultsFrancine Conway
Derner Institute, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York 11530, USA
Int J Aging Hum Dev 70:319-43. 2010..Although ethnic specificity in coping emerged when context was considered, the few effects of ethnicity suggests that the major normative events of later life may pull for generic coping responses...
- Emotional strain in caregiving among African American grandmothers raising their grandchildrenFrancine Conway
Derner Institute, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
J Women Aging 23:113-28. 2011..Furthermore, married grandmothers experienced less caregiving strain, and their age did not insulate them from the strain associated with the level of care. Implications are discussed...
- Prostate-specific antigen, sex steroid hormones, and the insulin-like growth factor axis in U.S.-born, Jamaican, and Haitian black men: a pilot studyAllen C Chen
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Urology 64:522-7. 2004....