Sue E Sendelbach
Affiliation: Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Postoperative complications of coronary artery bypass grafting surgeryAnita Anthony
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 800 East 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 19:403-15, vi. 2007..Nursing contributions to these improved outcomes cannot be overestimated. Continued understanding and appreciation of these complications will be necessary to effectively care for patients and create optimal outcomes...
- Decreasing pressure ulcers across a healthcare system: moving beneath the tip of the icebergSue Sendelbach
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55407, USA
J Nurs Adm 41:84-9. 2011..The number of pressure ulcers reported to the State of Minnesota decreased 33% after implementation of the program with a potential cost savings of up to $430,000...
- Alarm fatigueSue Sendelbach
Department of Nursing, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 800 East 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 47:375-82. 2012..Initial and ongoing education needs to be considered for any new medical device, and be included in the hospital's annual budget...
- Effects of variation in temperature management on cerebral performance category scores in patients who received therapeutic hypothermia post cardiac arrestSue Sendelbach
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 800 East 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407 11404, United States
Resuscitation 83:829-34. 2012..To assess differences in cerebral performance category (CPC) in patients who received therapeutic hypothermia post cardiac arrest by time to initiation, time to target temperature, and duration of therapeutic hypothermia (TH)...
- Developing an integrative therapies program in a tertiary care cardiovascular hospitalSue Sendelbach
Cardiovascular Services Division, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 800 East 28th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
Crit Care Nurs Clin North Am 15:363-72. 2003..Adaptations of our experience to other populations in critical care and across other hospital settings may be possible...
- Evidence-based practice: then and nowSue E Sendelbach
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Nurs 108:75-6. 2008
- Effects of music therapy on physiological and psychological outcomes for patients undergoing cardiac surgerySue E Sendelbach
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, MN 55407 3799, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 21:194-200. 2006..Cardiac surgery is accompanied by postoperative pain and anxiety. The use of music therapy has been shown to reduce pain, anxiety, and physiological parameters in patients having surgical procedures...
- Complementary alternative medical therapies for heart surgery patients: feasibility, safety, and impactVibhu R Kshettry
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:201-5. 2006..Little is known about their effectiveness in care of heart surgery patients. Our objective is to evaluate feasibility, safety, and impact of a complementary alternative medical therapies package for heart surgery patients...
- Challenges of implementing a feasibility study of acupuncture in acute and critical care settingsRuth Lindquist
University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
AACN Adv Crit Care 19:202-10. 2008..Recommendations for future studies of complementary and alternative therapies in acute and critical care settings are offered...
- Correlates of neurocognitive function of patients after off-pump coronary artery bypass surgerySue Sendelbach
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, School of Nursing, University of Minnesota, MN, USA
Am J Crit Care 15:290-8. 2006..Interventions to prevent postoperative atrial fibrillation should be explored to determine whether the interventions prevent a decline in neurocognitive function...
- Use of complementary and alternative therapies: a national survey of critical care nursesMary Fran Tracy
University of Minnesota Medical Center, University of Minnesota School of Nursing, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Am J Crit Care 14:404-14; quiz 415-16. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Educational programs that provide information about use of complementary and alternative therapies and the underlying evidence base most likely will increase the appropriate use of the therapies to achieve desired outcomes...
- Nurse attitudes towards the use of complementary and alternative therapies in critical careMary Fran Tracy
Fairview-University Medical Center, Minneapolis, USA
Heart Lung 32:197-209. 2003..Because use was associated with knowledge, recommendations for future research include increasing the scientific base and enhancing knowledge to promote evidence-based incorporation of CAT in practice...