Mary C Kuhns
Affiliation: Abbott Laboratories
- Lack of correlation between HBsAg and HBV DNA levels in blood donors who test positive for HBsAg and anti-HBc: implications for future HBV screening policyMary C Kuhns
Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois, USA
Transfusion 44:1332-9. 2004..Studies showing a significant correlation between hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and hepatitis B virus (HBV) deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) levels have focused on the HBV seroconversion window period...
- New strategies for blood donor screening for hepatitis B virus: nucleic acid testing versus immunoassay methodsMary C Kuhns
Abbott Diagnostics, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
Mol Diagn Ther 10:77-91. 2006..Each country will need to develop its blood screening strategy based on HBV endemicity, yields of infectious units detected by different serologic/NAT screening methods, and cost effectiveness of test methods in ensuring blood safety...
- Correlation of improved hepatitis B surface antigen detection limits with hepatitis B virus DNA nucleic acid test yield in blood donationsLynn A Martin
Abbott Diagnostics, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois, USA
Transfusion 52:2201-8. 2012....
- HIV variants and hepatitis B surface antigen mutants: diagnostic challenges for immunoassaysGerald Schochetman
Infections Disease Diagnostics, R and D, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
J Med Virol 78:S3-6. 2006
- Frequency of HBV DNA detection in US blood donors testing positive for the presence of anti-HBc: implications for transfusion transmission and donor screeningSteven H Kleinman
Westat, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Transfusion 43:696-704. 2003..An estimate of the rate of HBV DNA-positive, anti-HBc-positive units is important for evaluating the need for anti-HBc donor screening, especially in the context of HBV NAT...
- Surveillance of the genetic variation in incident HIV, HCV, and HBV infections in blood and plasma donors: implications for blood safety, diagnostics, treatment, and molecular epidemiologyEric Delwart
Blood Systems Research Institute, and Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
J Med Virol 78:S30-5. 2006..A systematic program is proposed for the genetic characterization of viral genomes in donors with incident HIV, HCV, or HBV infections...