Vibhu R Kshettry
Affiliation: Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Complementary alternative medical therapies for heart surgery patients: feasibility, safety, and impactVibhu R Kshettry
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:201-5. 2006..Little is known about their effectiveness in care of heart surgery patients. Our objective is to evaluate feasibility, safety, and impact of a complementary alternative medical therapies package for heart surgery patients...
- Current trends in mitral valve repair techniques in North AmericaVibhu R Kshettry
Minneapolis Heart Institute, Cardiac, Thoracic and Transplant Surgery, 920 East 28th Street, Suite 610, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 21:690-5. 2012..The current trends in the surgical technique of mitral valve repair (MVR) among North American medical centers participating in the Sorin Valve Repair Registry are described...
- Trends in mitral valve surgery in a large multi-surgeon, multi-hospital practice, 1979-1999William F Northrup
Cardiac Surgical Associates, P.A, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 12:14-24. 2003..These opposite trend lines for MVR and MVRpr likely represent a paradigm shift away from mechanical solutions in favor of tissue solutions for mitral valve disease, especially for MVRpr...
- Trends in aortic valve surgery in a large multi-surgeon, multi-hospital practice, 1979-1999William F Northrup
Cardiac Surgical Associates, Minneapolis, MN 55407, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 11:768-78; discussion 778-9. 2002..The fastest growth rates have been with stented xenografts, and especially homografts. This may represent a paradigm shift away from mechanical solutions in favor of tissue solutions for aortic valve disease...
- Clinical, angiographic, and interventional follow-up of patients with aortic-saphenous vein graft connectorsJay H Traverse
Minneapolis Cardiology Associates, Minneapolis Heart Institute at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 920 East 28th Street, Suite 300, Minneapolis, Minn 55407, USA
Circulation 108:452-6. 2003....
- Feasibility of transcatheter intervention for severe aortic stenosis in patients >or=90 years of age: aortic valvuloplasty revisitedWes R Pedersen
Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation at Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55407, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:149-54. 2007..The goals of this study were to determine the feasibility, safety, and early outcomes of balloon aortic valvuloplasty (BAV) for severe aortic stenosis in a nonagenarian population...
- Surgical steps toward complete revascularization in off-pump coronary bypassKit V Arom
The John Nasseff Heart Hospital and Minneapolis Heart Institute Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 10:201-5. 2002..Using a commercially available suction stabilization device and the surgical and anesthetic techniques described herein, off-pump coronary revascularization was accomplished with results comparable to the on-pump approach...
- Prospective study of mitral valve repair with the CarboMedics AnnuloFlex annuloplasty system: effectiveness and safety after one yearVibhu R Kshettry
Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis Heart Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55407, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 14:105-13. 2005..The study aim was to evaluate clinical and functional results during the first year in patients receiving this flexible annuloplasty system...
- Decision-making in the choice of heart valve for replacement in patients aged 60-70 years: twenty-year follow up of the St. Jude Medical aortic valve prosthesisRobert W Emery
Cardiac Surgical Associates, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 11:S37-44. 2002..With durability unquestioned, these long-term data show the SJM valve to be an excellent choice for AVR in patients aged 60-70 years...
- Morbidity and mortality of a failed attempt at mitral valve repair converted to replacement at the same operationWilliam F Northrup
Cardiac Surgical Associates, P. A, St. Paul, Minnesota 55114, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 12:700-6. 2003..Accordingly, MVRpr can be safely undertaken when indicated, even with additional cardiac procedures...