Yung Wu Chen
Affiliation: Abbott Laboratories
- TH1 and TH2 cytokine inhibition by 3,5-bis(trifluoromethyl)pyrazoles, a novel class of immunomodulatorsYung Wu Chen
Immunological Disease Research, AP9 R46R, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6119, USA
Cell Immunol 220:134-42. 2002..Therefore, BTPs inhibit a wide spectrum of cytokine production including TH1 and TH2 type cytokines. Taken together, these compounds may be useful for treating autoimmune diseases and organ transplant rejection...
- Pharmacological characterization of P2X7 receptors in rat peritoneal cellsY W Chen
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, 100 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6119, USA
Inflamm Res 54:119-26. 2005..Prolonged stimulation can lead to pore formation and cell death. In this study we pharmacologically characterized P2X(7) receptors on rat peritoneal cells (RPC) and on 1321N1 cells transfected with rat P2X(7) receptor (1321rP2X(7)-11)...
- T cell activation induces a noncoding RNA transcript sensitive to inhibition by immunosuppressant drugs and encoded by the proto-oncogene, BICDeanna Haasch
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Cell Immunol 217:78-86. 2002..Tam, Gene 274 (2001) 157). Our data demonstrate that transcriptional activation of the BIC proto-oncogene is an early and sustained T cell activation event and suggest an important role for noncoding mRNA in T cell function...
- Rapamycin analogs with reduced systemic exposureRolf Wagner
Abbott Laboratories, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:5340-3. 2005..Emphasis placed on compounds that potentially have an improved safety profile on account of their shorter in vivo half-life when compared with rapamycin...
- Zotarolimus, a novel sirolimus analogue with potent anti-proliferative activity on coronary smooth muscle cells and reduced potential for systemic immunosuppressionYung Wu Chen
Immunoscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 49:228-35. 2007..The pharmacological profile of zotarolimus suggests it may be advantageous for preventing restenosis with a reduced potential for causing systemic immunosuppression or other side effects...