Affiliation: Abbott Laboratories
- Visual, cognitive, and language assessments at 39 months: a follow-up study of children fed formulas containing long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids to 1 year of ageNancy Auestad
Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, Columbus, Ohio 43215, USA
Pediatrics 112:e177-83. 2003..The present follow-up study evaluated IQ, receptive and expressive vocabulary, visual-motor function, and visual acuity of children from the original trial when they reached 39 months of age...
- Auditory brainstem evoked response in juvenile rats fed rat milk formulas with high docosahexaenoic acidNancy Auestad
625 Cleveland Avenue, Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Nutr Neurosci 6:335-41. 2003..In the present study, ABR was assessed in juvenile rats fed high-DHA diets only postnatally...
- Safety evaluation of sources of docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid for use in infant formulas in newborn pigletsRussell J Merritt
Ross Products Division, Abbott Laboratories, 625 Cleveland Avenue, Columbus, OH 43215, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 41:897-904. 2003..The findings in this neonatal animal study support the safety of these ingredient oil sources of DHA and ARA for use in infant formulas...
- Growth and development of premature infants fed predominantly human milk, predominantly premature infant formula, or a combination of human milk and premature formulaDeborah L O'Connor
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 37:437-46. 2003..2 point improvement in IQ tests. However, in the studies in this meta-analysis, feeding regimens were used (unfortified human milk, term formula) that no longer represent recommended practice...
- Body composition in preterm infants who are fed long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids: a prospective, randomized, controlled trialSharon Groh-Wargo
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Pediatr Res 57:712-8. 2005..Preterm formulas that had DHA+ARA at the levels and ratios in this study and were fed to 1 y CA led to increased lean body mass and reduced fat mass by 1 y of age...
- Glutamine supplementation in infants with gastrointestinal disease: a randomized, placebo-controlled pilot trialChristopher Duggan
Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Nutrition 20:752-6. 2004..We evaluated the effects of enteral supplementation with Gln in infants undergoing surgery for congenital or acquired gastrointestinal disease...