- Sustainable sheep production and consumer preference trends: compatibilities, contradictions, and unresolved dilemmasF Montossi
Programa Nacional de Carne y Lana, INIA Tacuarembó, Ruta 5 Km 386, Tacuarembó, Uruguay
Meat Sci 95:772-89. 2013....
- Animal welfare and meat quality: the perspective of Uruguay, a "small" exporter countryM Del Campo
Programa Nacional de Carne y Lana, INIA Tacuarembó, Ruta 5, km 386, Tacuarembó, Uruguay Electronic address
Meat Sci 98:470-6. 2014..In the present paper we share scientific results related to the impact of different production systems, husbandry practices and pre-slaughter procedures associated to animal welfare and meat quality in Uruguayan conditions. ..
- Effects of feeding strategies including different proportion of pasture and concentrate, on carcass and meat quality traits in Uruguayan steersM Del Campo
INIA Tacuarembó, Ruta 5 Km 386, C P Tacuarembo 45000, Uruguay
Meat Sci 80:753-60. 2008..After 20 days of aging, T4 had the lowest muscle a(∗) values and shear force was higher for T4 than for T1. With pastures finishing strategy, no adverse effects on meat quality were detected and tenderness was enhanced...
- Growth, carcass traits and palatability: can the influence of the feeding regimes explain the variability found on those attributes in different Uruguayan genotypes?G Brito
National Institute of Agricultural Research, INIA Tacuarembó, Ruta 5 Km 386, Tacuarembó, Uruguay Electronic address
Meat Sci 98:533-8. 2014..The aim of this article is to present information obtained under different feeding strategies during the post weaning and fattening and their influence on those attributes. ..
- Finishing diet, temperament and lairage time effects on carcass and meat quality traits in steersM Del Campo
National Institute of Agricultural Research, INIA Tacuarembó, Ruta 5 Km 386, 45000, Uruguay
Meat Sci 86:908-14. 2010..Carcasses from animals in the long lairage group had a better rate of pH decline and more tender meat, suggesting that more than 3h preslaughter time should be necessary to rest and recover, mainly depending on lairage conditions...