- Lead contamination in Uruguay: the "La Teja" neighborhood caseNelly Mañay
Department of Toxicology and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Chemistry, University of the Republic of Uruguay, Gral Flores 2124, 11800 Montevideo, Uruguay
Rev Environ Contam Toxicol 195:93-115. 2008..Future health and environmental actions are needed, not only to remediate known areas of lead pollution, but also to investigate other sources of potential health risks...
- Developing medical geology in Uruguay: a reviewNelly Mañay
Toxicology and Environmental Hygiene Department, Faculty of Chemistry, University of the Republic of Uruguay, Gral, Flores, Montevideo, Uruguay
Int J Environ Res Public Health 7:1963-9. 2010..Future actions are also presented...
- [Lead contamination in the suburb of La Teja; Montevideo, Uruguay]Nelly Mañay
Universidad de la República Oriental del Uruguay, Montevideo, Uruguay
Salud Publica Mex 45:S268-75. 2003
- Impacts of multidisciplinary actions on environmental lead exposure in UruguayAdriana Cousillas
Toxicology and Environmental Hygiene Department, Faculty of Chemistry, University of the Republic of Uruguay Gral, Flores, 2124, Montevideo, Uruguay
Environ Geochem Health 34:207-11. 2012..We conclude that the integration of inter and multidisciplinary actions promoted was of high impact on the population, bringing about a public sensitization and growing awareness of the lead environmental risks...
- Lead exposure stimulates VEGF expression in the spinal cord and extends survival in a mouse model of ALSAna G Barbeito
Departamento de Histologia y Embriologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de la Republica, Avenida General Flores 2125, 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay
Neurobiol Dis 37:574-80. 2010..Understanding how Pb stimulates astrocytic VEGF production and reduces neuroinflammation may yield a new therapeutic approach for treating ALS...