- The elderly
Center for Health Services Research, University of California, Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 4:245-7. 2002
- Improving depression care for older, minority patients in primary care
Patricia A Arean
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Med Care 43:381-90. 2005
..This study examines whether a collaborative care model for depression in primary care is as effective in older minorities as it is in nonminority elderly patients in improving depression treatment and outcomes...
- Depression treatment in a sample of 1,801 depressed older adults in primary care
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:505-14. 2003
..To examine rates and predictors of lifetime and recent depression treatment in a sample of 1,801 depressed older primary care patients..
- Impact of comorbid panic and posttraumatic stress disorder on outcomes of collaborative care for late-life depression in primary care
Mark T Hegel
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 13:48-58. 2005
..The authors evaluated the effect of comorbid panic disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on response to a collaborative-care intervention for late-life depression in primary care...
- The role of cognitive impairment and caregiver support in diabetes management of older outpatients
Denise G Feil
West Los Angeles VA Medical Center and University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 39:199-214. 2009
..To examine the role of cognitive impairment and caregiver support in diabetes care adherence and glycemic control...
- Modular psychotherapy for anxiety in older primary care patients
Julie Loebach Wetherell
Psychiatry Department, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 9116, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:483-92. 2009
..To develop and test a modular psychotherapy protocol in older primary care patients with anxiety disorders...
- Clinician approaches and strategies for engaging older men in depression care
Ester Carolina Apesoa-Varano
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 18:586-95. 2010
..The authors contribute to previous research by identifying facilitators of care for older men from the perspective of clinicians...
- Willingness to pay for depression treatment in primary care
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:340-5. 2003
..The authors analyzed data from 615 depressed primary care patients to determine their willingness to pay for depression treatment...
- The use of herbal medications and dietary supplements by people with mental illness
Department of Veterans Affairs, Desert Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:563-9. 2010
..The use of HMDS warrants particular attention in persons with perceived mental health problems as these individuals may be turning to HMDS use for treatment of their symptoms...
- Managing depression in home health care: a randomized clinical trial
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, 860 Deer Haven Circle, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 26:81-104. 2007
- Impacting late life depression: integrating a depression intervention into primary care
Sabine M Oishi
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024 7082, USA
Psychiatr Q 74:75-89. 2003
..Basic elements of the IMPACT model seem to support integration of late life depression care into primary care. Research-related components may need modification for dissemination...
- A web-based data management system to improve care for depression in a multicenter clinical trial
Center for Health Services Research, Neuropsychiatric Institute of the University of California, Los Angeles 90024, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:671-3, 678. 2002
- Diagnosis and treatment of older adults with depression in primary care
University of California, Los Angeles Neuropsychiatric Institute, 90024, USA
Biol Psychiatry 52:285-92. 2002
..Further improvement in depression care would likely result from the implementation of true parity for mental health treatments for older adults...
- Stigma and depression among primary care patients
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Neuropsychiatric Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 25:311-5. 2003
..The relationship between stigma and service use deserves further study in diverse settings and populations...
- Trends in use of antipsychotics and mood stabilizers among Medicaid beneficiaries with bipolar disorder, 2001-2004
Sam and Rose Stein Institute for Research on Aging, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0622, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:1169-74. 2008
..This study examined longitudinal trends in the use of mood stabilizers and antipsychotics for treatment of bipolar disorder in a large public mental health system and whether trends differed by age, gender, and race-ethnicity...
- Improving treatment of depression among Latinos with diabetes using project Dulce and IMPACT
Todd P Gilmer
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Diabetes Care 31:1324-6. 2008
..To assess the feasibility and cost of integrating diabetes and depression care management in three community clinics serving a low-income and predominantly Spanish-speaking Latino population...
- Screening for generalized anxiety disorder in geriatric primary care patients
Julie Loebach Wetherell
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:115-23. 2007
..To compare two brief screening measures as tools for detecting generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) among older primary care patients...
- A comparison of imputation methods in a longitudinal randomized clinical trial
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA NPI, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Stat Med 24:2111-28. 2005
..The HD method consistently produced close to nominal coverage, with interval widths that were roughly 7 per cent larger on average than those produced from the MVN model...
- Adherence to treatment for geriatric depression and anxiety
Julie Loebach Wetherell
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0603, USA
CNS Spectr 8:48-59. 2003
..Several current projects that combine pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy for geriatric depression in an integrated care model show promise as interventions to improve rates of treatment and adherence...
- Collaborative care management of late-life depression in the primary care setting: a randomized controlled trial
Center for Health Services Research, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, 10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
JAMA 288:2836-45. 2002
..Few depressed older adults receive effective treatment in primary care settings...
- Inpatient treatment of depression and associated hospital charges
Deborah L Ackerman
Department of Epidemiology, UCLA School of Public Health, Box 951772, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1772, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 11:219-27. 2002
..We evaluated inpatient treatment of depression, prescribing patterns for antidepressants, and associated hospital charges...